Radiused on buck 110 handle

I remember those square bolstered 110s back in the day and thinking I’d rather have the corners rounded off. I’m glad they did put a radius on them, not only looks better but a lot more comfortable to use. I’ve never liked sharp corners, they wear holes in pockets or sheath and can be a hot spot when used for a long period of time so when I get a knife that does have sharp corners I round them off. The only part I want sharp is the cutting edge!

One that has been semi-recent is the Cabela's Alaskan Guide version. Those seem to be more squared off than the standard 110's. I'm not sure about the stag version, but my rosewood definitely isn't as radiused. I almost drooled on myself thinking about the stag AG.....

I hunted about on the eBay and it appears the knives you mentioned are going for between $200 and $300 USD.

This means some genius at Buck is too stupid to realize people DEMAND the old squarebacks and vastly superior 440C steel. Why in the name of a God Buck doesn’t release a “classic” or “vintage” Buck 110 re-release, as full-time catalog options, maybe for a $30 or so increase I cost, is totally beyond me.

Instead, they shun and disenfranchise those that grew up with REAL 110s and new what a Buck Folding Hunter was supposed to be, instead of today’s... cheapened... version.

As for customers demanding the radiused bolsters, I don’t believe it for a second. Show me proof. They had perfection in 1963 and all these little “improvements” over the years have served nothing but to to tarnish and destroy the legacy of these once-great knives.

Not that simple to have a non radiused/440C version. For some reason the ones with the radiused bolsters are still our # 1 selling knife for the last 50+ years. But thanks for demeaning and degrading our people for being too stupid to realize anything. Consider this your only warning for not keeping a civil tone.

One that has been semi-recent is the Cabela's Alaskan Guide version. Those seem to be more squared off than the standard 110's. I'm not sure about the stag version, but my rosewood definitely isn't as radiused. I almost drooled on myself thinking about the stag AG.....
THis comes from the varition in the hand sanding and blending. Some do come out more square than others depending on a # of factors.

Not that simple to have a non radiused/440C version. For some reason the ones with the radiused bolsters are still our # 1 selling knife for the last 50+ years. But thanks for demeaning and degrading our people for being too stupid to realize anything. Consider this your only warning for not keeping a civil tone.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well said.

I love the 110's in any shape or form. However, the square frame heavy/fat old 110 2-dot (the 4-pins are the coolest) is my favorite to hold and use! It just feels great in-hand. As far as the best looking 110's; I'd have to go with the Alaskan Guide, maybe, there's so many! Oh, and that 50th "No Buck" blade stamp, so cool...

On the 112's you see transitional variations..Hand ,machined and front radiused and square frame lockbar. Toss in factory finger grooves and 2 and 3 dot blades there is quite a number of odd ones. Stag 112's have slightly different rules. If your into that I have only seen one 2 dot Stag finger grooved front radiused only. It sold for over $300.00 so someone knew it was odd..110's probably have similar rarities.

I was a 79 •110• user for a long time but acquired a ••110•• FG and its wonderful.
I find the older bolsters are what i collect and the newer ones are for using at least in my collection. I really only collect older used ones that need a clean up. The older new in box are usually more than i want to spend.
I also carry a newer 112FG 80% of the time.
The finger grooves on the 112 really act like jimping With my large hands. ;)
Daven

Back