• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Railroad spike knife

hellize

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello

I made a little recycling again. :rolleyes:
It is forged from a genuine american railroad spike. Unfortunately here in Transylvania I can only find bolts.
Its total length is 25 cm. The blade is 3 cm wide, 4 mm thick and 13.5 cm long.
The sheath is hand sewn from 3 mm thick cow hide, fancified a little with a steam locomotive. :)

I ask 120 dollars for it, paypal and postal fees included! ;)

Sold!

spike1.jpg

spike2.jpg

spike3.jpg

spike4.jpg

spike5.jpg

spike6.jpg

Last edited:
There is a saga to this one, which goes like this:
Once upon a time, the spike served at the railway, securing successfully the rail of course. And Spike was happy for decades, but the day came when the company changed the old wooden sleepers to new reinforced concrete ones. And suddenly our little hero found itself in a scrapyard, with thousands of his comrades, without a job and without a future, ripped from their pride. The horror of melting in, hung above their steel heads as the sword of Damocles. But then, unexpectedly luck shined upon his rusty face. His tiny metal heart filled with joy once again, when someone with a great amount of imagination picked him up from the muddy scrapyard floor. The gentleman undoubtedly had a holy vision of what this little spike and their brothers in arm could become, and praise be mighty Hephaestus, he delivered them to me.
Than he transformed in the divine, golden flames of my humble forge, never forgetting the past!
Hence, he was given a second life, becoming a knife

But this is only a legend, kids.

Back