Rake question?

Discussion in 'Galyean Pro Series Knives' started by draftpick, Aug 25, 2010.

1. draftpick

draftpick Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Sorry I know this may not be the right area but Im trying to find out when tim's new knife with kreshaw the "Rake" will be released?

2. Tim Galyean

Tim Galyean

Nov 5, 2004
    I will try to find out for you, might take me a couple days.

3. Tim Galyean

Tim Galyean

Nov 5, 2004
    The first few are being put together right now. Wont be long!

4. draftpick

draftpick Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Ok, Thanks Tim

5. hebegb

hebegb

Dec 17, 2008
    I posted this in another area but got no response. Since you're the designer, I probably should have asked you to begin with.

Regarding the Rake, is its cpm d2 composite blade more in line with the jyd composite in terms of thickness and overall uses, or is it more of a slicer and thinner, like the SG2 JYD blade? BTW, absolutely love all three. Just trying to figure out what's best for me.

6. vegasracer

vegasracer

Sep 20, 2008
    I saw one at Tim's table at the USN Gathering in Las Vegas yesterday, so they're out there in the wild if not in the channel. The knife looks very nice and as a result I'm really looking forward to mine.

7. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Mine from sunday's giveaway showed up today.
    It's about 1/8" at the spine if that helps.
    feels very nice in hand.
    and a lot lighter than I expected.

8. samhain73

samhain73

Mar 5, 2005
    Dunno, I preordered one that said it would be available on the 16th. That got bumped to Sept. 20th, and now I just got an update saying not until the 30th of Dec!!

9. waynejitsu

waynejitsu

Oct 1, 2002
    Holy Crap!!!
    Can't even get one for a Christmas gift???
    I think I will start looking for a "new love" (I have been drooling over this one since I first found out about it, quite a while back:)

I do not mind a wait.
    I do not mind waiting for the bug's to get worked out so everything is working correctly, but this is a bit much.

For it to get kicked back again..., and "this time" another
    2 MONTHS, something must be bad wrong with it, kinda afraid to get on now...

10. TCBJR23

TCBJR23

Sep 3, 2010
    I received the same update. I have been waiting for months and its quite discouraging that it keeps getting pushed back. Anyone have any updates?

11. waynejitsu

waynejitsu

Oct 1, 2002
    I "thought" it was available now???
    I have had my Rake for the last few months.
    I guess I got it right after the post I made above.
    I is soooo cool, just right, size, angle, steel, it is the knife I would make for myself if I knew how to make a knife (only change would be ZDP:)