Ram Kumar Chitlangi Bowie

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
17.5 inch 24 ounce Chitlangi Bowie by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $195. *SOLD*

sm0Erak.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
I saw it and it didn’t take long to EMS...I am looking forward further evaluating it and seeing how it matches up with a few of my Bowie’s. The fullers on this blade are awesome!!!

Hey ndog, I’m a Bowie fan and like to examine the variations of this knife type. I must say that the chitlangi Bowie is an awesome knife! The fullers are beautifully done and the balance of this knife in hand makes it a real “user”. Ram Kumar imparts some magic to his creations! I’ve seen others mention this about his knives and it is true! These knives are handmade by true masters and this makes them an incredible value.

Keep in mind it is still a Chitlangi. It has an edge for good general purpose but not made for heavy chopper. Its edge is a bit thinner than Ang Khola, Ganga Ram, Bonecutter, etc. but still can do light to medium chopping chores. That said I beat the heck out of mine and I did make a roll on one of my smaller regular Chits but it was easily repairable and is back in use. I did hit it behind the sweet spot where its softer but I was beating on a well cured baked western cedar log. The core was really hard but I got mostly through it. At the same time I trashed my other name brand "Khukri like object" on the same log. Let us know what you think when you get it. They are beautiful knives!

Back