1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ram Kumar Chitlangi Bowie

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    17.5 inch 24 ounce Chitlangi Bowie by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $195. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  2. Ramojung

Ramojung

Aug 24, 2016
    EMS sent.
    UPDATE: EMS withdrawn.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Looks like mine without a guard.

4. gtk4158a

gtk4158a Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Thats a keeper for sure.

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    These are rare and awesome blades folks! Paired off with a GCB they really look great together!

George Azar likes this.
  6. kratos264x

kratos264x

Jun 26, 2017
    Someone needs to buy this before I do.

7. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    EMS...

EricTheRedBeard and George Azar like this.
  8. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Man! I snoozed and loozed. This one has it all. Great price, good length and weight too. It is on my list and this one fits the bill. And as you already know, Ram Kumar puts some magic in his knives.

Mark McKenzie likes this.
  9. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    I saw it and it didn’t take long to EMS...I am looking forward further evaluating it and seeing how it matches up with a few of my Bowie’s. The fullers on this blade are awesome!!!

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  10. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Grats Mark! I need to go rub some oil on mine just cuz. You'll like it im thinking!

11. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    Hey ndog, I’m a Bowie fan and like to examine the variations of this knife type. I must say that the chitlangi Bowie is an awesome knife! The fullers are beautifully done and the balance of this knife in hand makes it a real “user”. Ram Kumar imparts some magic to his creations! I’ve seen others mention this about his knives and it is true! These knives are handmade by true masters and this makes them an incredible value.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  12. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Keep in mind it is still a Chitlangi. It has an edge for good general purpose but not made for heavy chopper. Its edge is a bit thinner than Ang Khola, Ganga Ram, Bonecutter, etc. but still can do light to medium chopping chores. That said I beat the heck out of mine and I did make a roll on one of my smaller regular Chits but it was easily repairable and is back in use. I did hit it behind the sweet spot where its softer but I was beating on a well cured baked western cedar log. The core was really hard but I got mostly through it. At the same time I trashed my other name brand "Khukri like object" on the same log. Let us know what you think when you get it. They are beautiful knives!

Mark McKenzie and George Azar like this.
  13. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    My 15” and 25” 548D081F-9C09-460A-B26E-4D57A49BC5E9.jpeg