Randall Bowie Info/Authenticity

I recently bought this Randall Bowie knife off eBay for my Dad's birthday. The seller didn't have much information on it, so I'd like to ask of the likelihood of its authenticity and of any additional info on it, such as when it was made.

The blade is 11" long and about 3/8" thick, and the whole thing weighs about 33 oz. I'm guessing it's a custom Model 12 Smithsonian.

Here's the album (pardon the fingerprints):

The closest other knives I could find were these:

Thank you in advance!

It's a Smithsonian, and it's all correct. Did it come with a sheath? It looks recent, the last 20-25 years or so. It's 0-1 steel, and has been nicely optioned with extras - The stag handle, brass collar, and scalloped brass coolie cap.

It's a Smithsonian, and it's all correct. Did it come with a sheath? It looks recent, the last 20-25 years or so. It's 0-1 steel, and has been nicely optioned with extras - The stag handle, brass collar, and scalloped brass coolie cap.
Thank you for the info. I might try to fix some of the rust on the collar.

It came with a non-Randall sheath. Is it difficult to buy a Randall sheath? It seems their website doesn't allow ordering of just sheaths.

It came with a non-Randall sheath. Is it difficult to buy a Randall sheath? It seems their website doesn't allow ordering of just sheaths.
To get a Randall sheath for this knife you have to send the knife back to Randall.
The knives are handmade,so they need the knife in order to fit the sheath.
Please note,if you do this though,it will be stamped with not only the Randall stamp,but also that of Sullivan Holster Shop,the company that makes them.
Another option would be to contact "Tunefink" on this forum as he may have what you need.
If he does have a sheath,note that the fit may or may not be perfect as per above.
Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

To get a Randall sheath for this knife you have to send the knife back to Randall.
The knives are handmade,so they need the knife in order to fit the sheath.
Please note,if you do this though,it will be stamped with not only the Randall stamp,but also that of Sullivan Holster Shop,the company that makes them.
Another option would be to contact "Tunefink" on this forum as he may have what you need.
If he does have a sheath,note that the fit may or may not be perfect as per above.
Hope this helps.:thumbsup:
I see, thanks for all the info.

You can buy a sheath on ebay for that knife. The knives are all standard with standard sized sheaths.

Back