Randall Diver

My model 16 works fine as a heavy duty woods.I chose it over the model 14 due to the single hilt.I bought it several years ago when re-enlisting in a Nat"l Guard unit (Long Range Surveillance Unit) The nylon/kydex or ABS lined sheath fit the guidelines for airborne ops and we spent considerable time in the water in which it was built for. It is heavy enough for chopping to build hide sites. Although not a skinning knife it works for cleaning game as well. When I travel light I go with the model 28.
Bill

My model 16 works fine as a heavy duty woods.I chose it over the model 14 due to the single hilt.I bought it several years ago when re-enlisting in a Nat"l Guard unit (Long Range Surveillance Unit) The nylon/kydex or ABS lined sheath fit the guidelines for airborne ops and we spent considerable time in the water in which it was built for. It is heavy enough for chopping to build hide sites. Although not a skinning knife it works for cleaning game as well. When I travel light I go with the model 28.
Bill

Cool, wanna post some pics?

Just got it today. Heres a pic.

randall2.jpg

Good idea on using finer cord. I think Im gonna use some nylon string that is tarred, so it wont soak up blood and be a bacteria sponge when I use this knife for cleaning critters.

Good idea on using finer cord. I think Im gonna use some nylon string that is tarred, so it wont soak up blood and be a bacteria sponge when I use this knife for cleaning critters.

I recall seeing Randall #18 owners also wrap fish line on the handle and then wrapping paracord/nylon thread over it. Bicycle tire inner-tube also being used.

:thumbup:

Back