Randall Made Knife Resin Ivory Handle, Dating/Model Question

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum. Just got into collecting earlier this year and loving it. Hope to have a big collection like my dad someday.
I got this Randall Knife and was wondering if you could help me identify this one. I think it may be late 80's/early 90s from the little research I have done, but am unsure. I believe that is a imitation Resin Ivory handle. I was wondering what the Model name and number is as well if any of you know. I think the blade is considered a 5''

Any help is great appreciated. Excited to be part of this community.
Nick.

Sorry for the poor photos.

0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png

Also usually the model number is stamped on the back of the sheath it should look something like 5 6. In my case that means it's a model 5, six inches in length. I can't tell from the pictures if it's there but it's usually at the base of the belt loop.

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum. Just got into collecting earlier this year and loving it. Hope to have a big collection like my dad someday.
I got this Randall Knife and was wondering if you could help me identify this one. I think it may be late 80's/early 90s from the little research I have done, but am unsure. I believe that is a imitation Resin Ivory handle. I was wondering what the Model name and number is as well if any of you know. I think the blade is considered a 5''

Any help is great appreciated. Excited to be part of this community.
Nick.

Sorry for the poor photos.

0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
0001.png
Welcome Nick,
What you have there is a Model 15 'Airman' with 01 Swedish Tool Steel and Brass guard from the mid 1980's.
No earlier than 1984 as it has the 'All thin' spacers which started in that year.
Note the double row of stitching! Super scarce early Sullivan sheath!
I read somewhere (Wickersham's book?) that this feature was only done for a short time due to clearance problems with the male part of the snap.
Blade length will nominally be around 5.5 inches.
These sheaths are not marked with model and length numbers, simply because you cant get these models in different blade lengths.
Outstanding piece! :thumbsup:

Edit:- Page 131 of Wickersham's book.

Last edited:
Welcome Nick,
What you have there is a Model 15 'Airman' with 01 Swedish Tool Steel and Brass guard from the mid 1980's.
No earlier than 1984 as it has the 'All thin' spacers which started in that year.
Note the double row of stitching! Super scarce early Sullivan sheath!
I read somewhere (Wickersham's book?) that this feature was only done for a short time due to clearance problems with the male part of the snap.
Blade length will nominally be around 5.5 inches.
These sheaths are not marked with model and length numbers, simply because you cant get these models in different blade lengths.
Outstanding piece! :thumbsup:
Thank you so much! That was super helpful! I really appreciate you (and everyone else) taking the time to respond. I hope to know as much as you all about knife collecting one day.

Are those handles ok to own, like is it really imitation ivory?

Thanks again for all your help!

Back