Randall miniature #25 Questions

ewantit

Gold Member
D31B1DFDEFD2425797C5.jpeg
E8352E7307344234897C.jpeg
Found this little beauty in an old hardware store. Can anyone tell me if these are up to task as an EDC? Is it built to hold up to normal small task use? If not, best is to keep it in its nice condition as a collector? Were the mini knives forged like their larger counterpart?

I'm sure it was meant to EDC.

In addition to being beautiful I think it is up to any reasonable task. Hard to believe that it was in a hardware store.

Neither one is stainless; there is usually an "S" stamped onto stainless blades. This is a flat-bed scan, not a photograph, and the appearance of steel can be inaccurately rendered. The shinier the metal the worse it gets; I don't know how to manipulate the scanner software to avoid it.

Neither one is stainless; there is usually an "S" stamped onto stainless blades. This is a flat-bed scan, not a photograph, and the appearance of steel can be inaccurately rendered. The shinier the metal the worse it gets; I don't know how to manipulate the scanner software to avoid it.
I believe both knives are stainless. The top one has the “S” and the bottom “M” are only stainless made on the 27 mini. I get the scan causing the color. I used to have a bird and trout in stainless with a similar looking patina. Thought it was a forge anomaly, but could never get an answer.

That's a beautiful little knife, OP! I'm getting my 25-6 from Stanaback pretty soon. Hopefully next week. I can't wait!

Back