Randall Model 14 Buxton Fighter

I have a friend that has what I believe is a Randall model 14 Buxton fighter from the 50's. It does show some patina, but the blade is otherwise unmolested, showing surprising little wear. It has the original sheath, which unfortunately is missing the stone and pocket for it. The handles are green, with no cracks. She is looking for a ballpark value if anybody ahs any idea. I have tried posting pics, but am unable to for some reason. Have emailed the administrators. We'll see. Would be more than happy to send pics.

WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.

The Buxton Fighter was first released in 1994, so it either isn’t a Buxton Fighter or isn’t from the 50’s. Does it have a serial number? All Buxton Fighters have a serial number in this format. BFxxxx
The model 14 when it was released had the extended tang with the thong hole. It was released in 1954. If that is what it is? It is quite valuable.

Don’t accept any offers until you know for sure what it is.

We need some pictures of this knife.

Last edited:
Here is mine for reference.

view

Last edited:
I found these pictures from another forum he asked the same question on. Were he was given the same info I gave in my post, and was directed here.

T tunefink is probably the best person to shed some light on this knife.

I think it is one of the model 14’s from the 50’s With a green tenite handle. Something doesn’t look right with the top grind. Possibly it was tipped and repaired by grinding the top down?

Better clearer pictures would be nice View attachment 2257587View attachment 2257588

Last edited:
The Buxton Fighter was first released in 1994, so it either isn’t a Buxton Fighter or isn’t from the 50’s. Does it have a serial number? All Buxton Fighters have a serial number in this format. BFxxxx
The model 14 when it was released had the extended tang with the thong hole. It was released in 1954. If that is what it is? It is quite valuable.

Don’t accept any offers until you know for sure what it is.

We need some pictures of this knife.
I found these pictures from another forum he asked the same question on. Were he was given the same info I gave in my post, and was directed here.

T tunefink is probably the best person to shed some light on this knife.

I think it is one of the model 14’s from the 50’s With a green tenite handle. Something doesn’t look right with the top grind. Possibly it was tipped and repaired by grinding the top down?

Better clearer pictures would be nice View attachment 2257587View attachment 2257588
Yes this is the knife. Just trying to find out as much info as I can. Thanks

Back