Random Thought Thread

I got the wrong fan for a heat exchanger rebuild. Funky thing with lights intended for a computer chassis. Harrison thought it was cool and wanted as a fan and night light for his room so we stuck it in a cardboard box...

20170723_190128_HDR.jpg

Had this cool old key switch to use as an on-off20170723_190210_HDR.jpg

6'6" and 260lbs, my gut looks like a hairy bundt cake and I haven't seen my toes in while.....

I'm not 100% I know what a bundt cake is, but that image makes me feel weird sad and dirty...

:D

Awesome regarding the shirts! Thanks for the replies Nathan and Jo. As far as sizing I was thinking XXL if it goes that high? ( I'm 6'1" 240lbs).

I too can't stand the trend of the tiny, tight t-shirts and "skinny jeans." Doesn't anyone know what a real man is these days? :rolleyes:

In on page 12!! :thumbsup: :D

Wait... is that a good thing? Well, everything becomes a life-changing achievement when you lower your standards & expectations.

I'm so much happier now.

~Chris

Last edited:
In on page 12!! :thumbsup: :D

Wait... is that a good thing? We'll, everything becomes a life-changing achievement when you lower your standards & expectations.

I'm so much happier now.

~Chris
Unless I missed a post that would put this in context, I think I've been out-weirded. Fantastic job!

What a relief..

Unless I missed a post that would put this in context, I think I've been out-weirded. Fantastic job!

What a relief..

Nope. No missed post or anything. Just me being slow and never getting on page 1 of one of these threads. So, page 12 it is. (Gotta have a reason to get up in the morning, ya know?)

~Chris

Nope. No missed post or anything. Just me being slow and never getting on page 1 of one of these threads. So, page 12 it is. (Gotta have a reason to get up in the morning, ya know?)

~Chris
In that case, my hat is off to you. There are only 11 pages before it, and an innumerable amount after. In the long run, you have achieved something impressive. Well done!

You have two takes on that stunning design now? I feel more than a little jellies.

I don't own either of them. Had Branson's for a little while, long enough to take some pictures, but sold it for some good $ and split the profits with Stu. Dunno if I'll ever see Matt's version, maybe it'll make it up here one day, but hopefully he'll make some bank on it instead

I don't own either of them. Had Branson's for a little while, long enough to take some pictures, but sold it for some good $ and split the profits with Stu. Dunno if I'll ever see Matt's version, maybe it'll make it up here one day, but hopefully he'll make some bank on it instead

Ahh, I thought they were yours. Well, it is a beautiful design. And now I feel a little less jealous :)

I have a theorem that Bob Betzner and TommyGun56 are in fact the same person! If you had not noticed, both have suddenly gone AWOL round about the same time last week. One has copious number of Shivs and the other wails all day long (when present) that he wants nothing more than a Shiv (the good cop / bad cop play!)

Bob/Tommy: come out, come out wherever you are! You can't fool this Ol' dog here :p

I haven't received a CPK in a while and that makes me a little sad.

On the other hand I'll get one soon, and that makes me giddy like a pre-teen girl standing in line for a Justin Bieber autograph when he comes through the door hair blowing in the wind.

I should be receiving 2 new ones (NASKs) by mid(ish)Sept. One as a user and the other as a keeper piece. Looking forward to hacking at some of these overgrown palm thingie branches with my worker NASK or whatever its official name: High Definition Fluffer Knife? :eek::D;)

Oh man, do I want a Behemoth Chopper so badly or what?!!! I know that it will not have an immediate practical utility for me and I think that I just want one so badly because I let myself get dragged into the psychological mind warfare of owning Carothers fine and ultra hard to find pieces, before Nathan / Jo decide to pack it all in and drive into the sunset at Serengeti in their future new VEHICLE!

Do I deserve a B.C? Well no and neither do 95% of you flutters! That said, it's an equal opportunity FCFS and therefore why not?! I'll throw my hat into the ring just for sh*t and giggles. you'd never know! But I do have a backup plan in case I should fail: I'll be running to Mr. Keffeler and will throw myself at his manly feet while sobbing like a little girl to take me as a potential customer. Heck, thinking of it more: I may do that anyway as these do not need be mutually exclusive. I much rather have a USA made / West Coast raised Large Chopper than those Ruskie Shiros some of you namby pambies tend to sport! Sports :p

Back