Random Thought Thread

I keep moving down on the UF preorder list. I was # 20 for a couple of days, this morning I noticed I was # 30, and now I’m #31?

I keep moving down on the UF preorder list. I was # 20 for a couple of days, this morning I noticed I was # 30, and now I’m #31?

It looks like the post numbers are getting 'fixed'. When the thread unlocked, there were a lot of 'duplicates' (e.g. there were 3 or 4 people that had #5 post, similar to the fast sales Nate does). We broke the internet again..
Now, if you look, everything is in order. So, you were always #31 (by position) but not as a post number. I don't know if I explained it correctly... ;)
Cheers
C.

^ this Gus.

I was always pegged as the 10th claimant, i.e poster # 11 after Nathan's OP which always counts as post # 1. Initially, I did't even bother to take note as to what # number I was at because the duplicate simultaneous posts often make that initial number meaningless!

I looked up and down the preorder thread several times when I was being nosey and counting and to the best of my recollection yours was always on the 2nd page somewhere in the middle to the lower end. I didn't not notice any peculiar pumps up or down with the posters whom I was familiar with.

#ialwaysreservetherighttobewrong

Last edited:
I did count, and I was always the 15th post/position - I'm now #15, which is correct. I had a one digit post number before the corrections, but didn't care about it, not relevant in these sales/presales :)

Cheers!

I did count, and I was always the 15th post/position - I'm now #15, which is correct. I had a one digit post number before the corrections, but didn't care about it, not relevant in these sales/presales :)

Cheers!

Exactly! Also let's remember that some of the preorder folks (looking in the mirror) are requesting full-tilt customization requiring Nathan's angelic touches. This means that irrespective as to how early one falls in the rotation, it is more than likely that with a heavily custom UF, that person may see his custom UF well after some other way behind him have already received theirs.

We knew what we were signing up for this one which is totally cool. With some makers for a custom knife of this caliber, we could be talking a couple of years at 2+ time the CPK prices.

Is it too early to start a return of the Shiv campaign?:)

Never too early for making any CPK wishes, but IIRC Nathan had sworn in the past that this is the one which he would never be revisiting, at least as in its original format. However he did recently refer to some kind of 8" integral dagger, dagger-like 10" Shiv and some other super cool ideas written on his white board. Then he dumped on and called himself a "useless lout". Take his musings for what they're worth :p

....he did recently refer to some kind of 8" integral dagger, dagger-like 10" Shiv and some other super cool ideas written on his white board. Then he dumped on and called himself a "useless lout". Take his musings for what they're worth :p

Please, Mr. Carothers sir. I needz this in my life (and one of them oh so sweet integral daggers).
Signed, a newly addicted CPK fan.

Please, Mr. Carothers sir. I needz this in my life (and one of them oh so sweet integral daggers).
Signed, a newly addicted CPK fan.

Bad news: I carry absolutely zero weight and favor around here despite some popular yet false beliefs! In fact whatever I might muse and wish, the opposite of seems to happen. That said, being a legend in one's own mind is a warm and fuzzy although a deranged one :D

Bad news: I carry absolutely zero weight and favor around here despite some popular yet false beliefs! In fact whatever I might muse and wish, the opposite of seems to happen. That said, being a legend in one's own mind is a warm and fuzzy although a deranged one :D

I am hoping that outright pleading (begging) will sway the mind of Mr. Carothers. I have employed the same tactic when buying lottery tickets and have a suspicion the outcome is going to be the same.

I am hoping that outright pleading (begging) will sway the mind of Mr. Carothers. I have employed the same tactic when buying lottery tickets and have a suspicion the outcome is going to be the same.

You're a new comer around here and as you have discovered, the CPK subforum is a very welcoming one :)

That said, you have fortunately found your way in here at a very sweet spot if you are a fan of small - medium sized knives. The fact that Nathan had agreed to resurrect the UF pattern, let alone agreeing to run a UF preorder is a HUGE FUDGING DEAL. It took a lot of pleading and groveling even lying by yours truly (ref; Nathan's stocky lil pony) :oops:

By and large, last year was the year of the Choppers / HDFK. This year, the long awaited debut of the new FK plus DEK1 and this UF. As said, good time to have come around here for those who seek smaller and more utilitarian blades by CPK.

Last edited:
All for the utilitarian type. Not much need for choppers here in the prairies, unless I decide to help a farmer harvest some canola, so I look forward to the year of the utility/field knives!

I have seen a lot of UF interest. I was hesitant at first, but this many people cannot be wrong, which is why I took the plunge on two.

I do wish I got here sooner; always lurked and never participated/purchased. Missed out on the shiv; really hope it is resurrected as well, but I am sure I will be more than content with the FK 2 and DEK offerings. Really looking forward to all the offerings from CPK, can't wait to see what 2019 will bring!
Maybe an axe!?!?!?!

Back