Random Thought Thread

Barrel #420 :cool:

IKAqgKI.jpg

How can my parcel not have moved since last Friday? Last seen being 'processed' at Miami international. How are they crossing the Atlantic? On a raft?

It's very frustrating but a few benign things could've happened:

- Didn't get scanned on the outbound but will be miraculously scanned in when with Her Majesty's Royal Mail Service ;)
- There is a few days gap between U.S. inbound Customs and their outbound clearances
- The raft has no WiFi :p

It's very frustrating but a few benign things could've happened:

- Didn't get scanned on the outbound but will be miraculously scanned in when with Her Majesty's Royal Mail Service ;)
- There is a few days gap between U.S. inbound Customs and their outbound clearances
- The raft has no WiFi :p

Or......they've put it in a big glass bottle with instructions to deliver it to me, then thrown it in the sea in a vaguely England direction

How can my parcel not have moved since last Friday? Last seen being 'processed' at Miami international. How are they crossing the Atlantic? On a raft?
Your not alone, I’ve got one floating around in USPS time space continuum. Frustrating as all hell when when tracking says it’s moving through the system.

Your not alone, I’ve got one floating around in USPS time space continuum. Frustrating as all hell when when tracking says it’s moving through the system.

USPS took 5 days to get it from CPK to Miami. It's an 11 hour drive, or 3 days by bicycle, 10 days to walk!. So 5 days means it traveled by what, horse? Skateboard?
And now no update since last Friday..... Just tell me my parcel is ok, send a ransom note, dear John letter, just something...:)

USPS took 5 days to get it from CPK to Miami. It's an 11 hour drive, or 3 days by bicycle, 10 days to walk!. So 5 days means it traveled by what, horse? Skateboard?
And now no update since last Friday..... Just tell me my parcel is ok, send a ransom note, dear John letter, just something...:)

I hear you, mine traveled one state over and vanished !!! No updates other than it’s traveling through the system to destination. It was only going three states over ??? I wouldn’t have burned two tanks of diesel fuel lol.

speaking of diesel. Has anybody here ever run diesel in their kerosene heater? The new diesel fuel is so clean and low sulfur I have to wonder if it would work? It's about half the price of kerosene...
I have an older salamander heater, 150,000 btu. It says Kero only......... but lol. I did run a 50/50 mix kero / diesel. Worked just fine, small increase in odor. After that I changed out the spark plug and filters and ran full diesel. It worked, spit a bit at start up but smoothed out, but odor increased a bit more. Just have to add a little anti gel for really cold weather.

speaking of diesel. Has anybody here ever run diesel in their kerosene heater? The new diesel fuel is so clean and low sulfur I have to wonder if it would work? It's about half the price of kerosene...
I don’t know if I would, I just bought a new pressure washer for my shop. The pressure washer has a logo saying to use only kerosene or diesel. However, when I asked the shop person about it they laughed like I was a fool and pointed to a ziplock bag of dried black crud hanging on the wall. He said thats what the inside of the pressure washer’s heating coil would look like if we used diesel. It was a pretty funny story to tell my boss but also maybe pertinent to the question you had. I don’t know if this was with newer diesel though.

Back