1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Random Thought Thread

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Nathan the Machinist, Jul 17, 2017.

1. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Florida man known for viral Easter bunny brawl arrested after hit-and-run, tells cops to ‘Google’ him

duramax and Odog27 like this.
  2. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    lol! :D Already posted:

duramax, Odog27 and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Florida man arrested for attacking his mom with this breakfast food. (Sausage links)

4. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
  5. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014

Effyew bad guys.

Kermit rules.

I love that having children brought this wonderful song into my life.

WHY IS IT SO GOOD?

6. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    I remember seeing that movie in the theatre. Makes me happy the next generation is raising their kids on it
    I might be a little salty, even jaded, but wholesome entertainment seems to be a thing of the past and now it's all about vacuous eye candy and bullshit

7. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
  8. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    ‘You Gotta Smoke A Bowl With Me Please’: Florida Man Invites Police To Smoke Pot While Showing Off His Marijuana Plant

vkp78, duramax and Odog27 like this.
  9. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Dug this out of auto cleaners inventory.
    E4C63BD1-0D82-405C-ABEA-76E817B3E4BA.jpeg

Just tried on my spyderco and a satin 3v knife from another maker. So far so good :) Has anyone else tried this ? Their auto waxes are really good.

woodysone, Odog27, fonedork and 2 others like this.
  10. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    A lot of people use Renaissance wax. I’ve used it on fancy Sebenzas and the like to prevent fingerprints and discoloring on satin finishes.

vkp78, woodysone, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  11. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Oh yeah I use ren wax I use it on my handles too. Good stuff !!
    This metal wax seems to clean much better. Plus it leaves behind a nice coat that also helps prevent finger prints. But I would NOT use it on handles, it’s metal only.

Two I just did
    0060037D-4D46-4625-82E3-1D0D94B832D3.jpeg DBF0C89D-8C88-4312-86EB-ADDF5703833B.jpeg

Pictures aren’t the best :-( sorry.

woodysone, Odog27, JJ_Colt45 and 2 others like this.
  12. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I know this is not at all a random thought but rather than start a whole new thread and it has to do with CPK knives ... I thought I might slip this question in here ... so forgive me.

I have a few CPKs for sale and have a members from Canada inquire about them. I hate to refuse a sale but have not been offering any shipping out of the US due to a couple lost packages since this covid mess started. Does anyone have any solid advice from experience on the best way to ship a CPK knife to Canada with no hassles? If I can figure out a way I am comfortable with and get a good price quote from a shipper for the buyers ... I might feel comfortable enough to go ahead and let them buy the knife they want instead of turning down someone who wants a CPK.

If you have any experience and can help please PM me.
    Thanks,
    JJ

vkp78, Mike157, benchrest308 and 4 others like this.
  13. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I also dislike selling internationally. Mostly I request the buyer accept all shipping and customs risks, and I refuse to lie on the customs declarations.

vkp78, Mike157, duramax and 3 others like this.
  14. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    For what it's worth, I've received 4 CPK's from the US without any issues. I think I had to pay tax once but the other 3 went through without a hiccup. @Jo the Machinist labels the parcel as "camping tools" instead of knife.

vkp78, Mike157, benchrest308 and 4 others like this.
  15. JJ_Colt45

Sep 11, 2014
    I think Jo had some packages returned recently with that were labeled camping tools because it was too "general". I just thought if anyone knew hassle free shipper that was reliable I may consider Canada along with the US.

vkp78, Mike157, Odog27 and 1 other person like this.
  16. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I Shipped this past month, via USPS, just like any ol' day of the week. Everything went smooth. I stated they were utility knives. Having said that, I was anxious because if it's lost internationally I think you are just SOL.

Mike157, benchrest308, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  17. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    I’ve shipped many knives from Canada to the US with out any issue. I always labeled as camping tools and send insured with signature through Canada Post. I have also received many other knives from the US shipped through USPS labeled the same way without issue.

In saying that, I haven’t shipped or received anything since Covid.

vkp78, duramax, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  18. JJ_Colt45

Sep 11, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. I will see if anyone has anything to add tomorrow and I'll look into a few shipper options and see what answers I get. I normally had no issue shipping especially to Canada ... but recently (since March) things seem to be sketchy at best shipping anything out of country.

vkp78, Hard Knocks, duramax and 2 others like this.
  19. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Random thought - if your company robo/sales/spam call has the audacity to offer to "put me on the do-not-call list", then I am an automatic "YES!" Absolutely! Stop calling me. Forever!

20. The Amazing Virginian

The Amazing Virginian Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Sorry: they're lying. When you agree to that, they sell your number to others as a verified "good" number with a human on the other end. I read an article about that scam a couple of years ago. Better to just hang up.