Random Thought Thread

I know I'm posting this to a bunch of CPK sycophants, but I need to sing some serious praises for the DEK1. I scored one from the second sale so I have had some time to carry, use, and field it a bit. I have used it in fire making, yard work, and every day carry. If no one tells Lorien Lorien , I'll even confess to some light-ish batoning. I absolutely love this knife! The handle is absolutely peerless. I gently tested the D3V's stain resistance and was pleasantly surprised to see that the near-stainless claim isn't an exaggeration (still corroded, but significantly less than I anticipated). This thing is truly spectacular! I don't believe in the end-all/be-all knife, but if I did this would certainly be in the runnings for the perfect kit/defensive knife category. Also thrilling is that I don't have to conceal it now that I'm carrying it now that I moved to a place where I can LEGALLY carry a fixed blade. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, do it. It is very much lives up to the hype.

(Edited to correct to "DEK1"-because apparently I don't pay enough attention to what I'm typing)

Last edited:
I know I'm posting this to a bunch of CPK sycophants, but I need to sing some serious praises for the DEC1. I scored one from the second sale so I have had some time to carry, use, and field it a bit. I have used it in fire making, yard work, and every day carry. If no one tells Lorien Lorien , I'll even confess to some light-ish batoning. I absolutely love this knife! The handle is absolutely peerless. I gently tested the D3V's stain resistance and was pleasantly surprised to see that the near-stainless claim isn't an exaggeration (still corroded, but significantly less than I anticipated). This thing is truly spectacular! I don't believe in the end-all/be-all knife, but if I did this would certainly be in the runnings for the perfect kit/defensive knife category. Also thrilling is that I don't have to conceal it now that I'm carrying it now that I moved to a place where I can LEGALLY carry a fixed blade. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, do it. It is very much lives up to the hype.

I'm not a sycophant, I just love the designs of CPK knives and the way they are made and look. I also like tough steel like 3V for an EDC knife. I can't wait to receive my DEK1 that I preordered.

Nice looking fireplace!!! Very cool.

I love fireplaces, although I'm partial to wood. Even when I lived alone in a small townhouse 30 years ago, I had a custom fireplace that was way too big for the place . . . the only fireplace and only chimney in the whole townhouse development, as they were not included in the original build. Still can't believe the homeowner's association even allowed it, but they did. Probably helped that it was an end unit and the fireplace was on an exterior wall that was not shared with a neighbor who might have complained. Anyway, there was a chamber built around the flue to capture exiting heat, with dual electrical fans on either side to blow that heat into the family room. You could get enough heat to heat the entire family room with that. Most practical fireplace I ever owned.

I always wanted a house with multiple fireplaces on different levels. Someday!

Too many years ago I lived in a very old two story farm house in southern Virginia that only had fireplaces for heat. So all I had in my bedroom was a fireplace. At night it was great..., in the morning it was a freezing hell, so to speak. It wasn’t so bad, though, when there a was a young lady to wake up with.

Build it and they will come? Someone didn’t tell my kids
f4aLSw0.jpg

It is getting harder and harder to get knives within Australia and some American companies won't ship here...
If any of the CPK regulars are willing to help me act as a freight forwarder and get a folder to me, I would be so appreciative. Please pm if you can do so.

Last edited:
Back