Random Thought Thread

mendezj

Basic Member
Nice looking fireplace!!! Very cool.

I love fireplaces, although I'm partial to wood. Even when I lived alone in a small townhouse 30 years ago, I had a custom fireplace that was way too big for the place . . . the only fireplace and only chimney in the whole townhouse development, as they were not included in the original build. Still can't believe the homeowner's association even allowed it, but they did. Probably helped that it was an end unit and the fireplace was on an exterior wall that was not shared with a neighbor who might have complained. Anyway, there was a chamber built around the flue to capture exiting heat, with dual electrical fans on either side to blow that heat into the family room. You could get enough heat to heat the entire family room with that. Most practical fireplace I ever owned.

I always wanted a house with multiple fireplaces on different levels. Someday!

Too many years ago I lived in a very old two story farm house in southern Virginia that only had fireplaces for heat. So all I had in my bedroom was a fireplace. At night it was great..., in the morning it was a freezing hell, so to speak. It wasn’t so bad, though, when there a was a young lady to wake up with.

Build it and they will come? Someone didn’t tell my kids
f4aLSw0.jpg

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member

XtianAus

Gold Member
It is getting harder and harder to get knives within Australia and some American companies won't ship here...
If any of the CPK regulars are willing to help me act as a freight forwarder and get a folder to me, I would be so appreciative. Please pm if you can do so.

Last edited:

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Damn! I threw in a post on the last sale just in case. This time I thought, "Naw, he wouldn't post a dagger in on the sale." Curse my lucky stars!

we got the orders shipped and I noticed people were coming to the sales looking for one so I figured...