Random Thought Thread

MLVR1xVh.jpg

TRfromMT,i personally don't care for a boot dagger,but it's NOT right to NOT set a fixed price!you make it a lottery and that's against the forum rules.but........good luck with your sale,you deserve it.
Think I just read the most ridiculous sales post ever

OK - I'll take it down. Was genuinely trying to make this available fairly to those who have asked, and have a little fun (NtM has said if we can't keep knife collecting fun then we aren't doing it right.) It lighthearted, but if it offends in any way, I'll take it off the table.

If anyone is still on the fence about a DEK, just do it. Seriously. It is that good.
I think this may be may favourite knife ever.
Ever:
The ergos 👌👌, the size, the fit and finish, the weight, slicey yet still sturdy. Everything.

There is a sale this weekend.
What are you waiting for?

mO67NAl.jpg

someone asked somewhere what would be the knife to choose- EDC or DEK1? I LOVE the EDC, it's a great knife....but...DEK1 takes it to another level. If I had to choose, (I don't) DEK1 is pretty much my idea of the perfect do it all knife that carries as if it isn't there

Hey, you designed them, you're the go to on several of my favorite fixed blades! I couldn't complete a top ten favorite without your collaborative efforts.
That being said, I humbly disagree. That's solely based on my personal needs! The Edc is far and away my fixation and go to blade for.... Every day carry. It's not aggressive, well laid out, and dang near invisible in the pocket. I hear tale of the micro edc and instantly set aside hundreds(read thousands, realistically for multiples).
Love your work on the dek, but that edc is my jam.
Either way I win, Ill just own a few of each. Gusbuster Gusbuster may understand my love, haha.

I want to move along my factory first new spec GSO 6 but have no idea and can't seem to find any market value anywhere...i don't know that there are many around yet which makes it tricky. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be worth?

TrfromMT,it's not about feeling offended (which i'm not! because i don't give a rats ass for the dagger),but simple enough about a fixed price.you know you write "having fun" but you and i know it's all about getting the bet bang for your buck,but then again you should ask $1200 for your boot dagger.just my opinion,i honestly hope you sell it without a loss,because these daggers are STUNNING!i'm not trying to offend you in any way,respect!

Hey, you designed them, you're the go to on several of my favorite fixed blades! I couldn't complete a top ten favorite without your collaborative efforts.
That being said, I humbly disagree. That's solely based on my personal needs! The Edc is far and away my fixation and go to blade for.... Every day carry. It's not aggressive, well laid out, and dang near invisible in the pocket. I hear tale of the micro edc and instantly set aside hundreds(read thousands, realistically for multiples).
Love your work on the dek, but that edc is my jam.
Either way I win, Ill just own a few of each. Gusbuster Gusbuster may understand my love, haha.
I hear you brother!

TrfromMT,it's not about feeling offended (which i'm not! because i don't give a rats ass for the dagger),but simple enough about a fixed price.you know you write "having fun" but you and i know it's all about getting the bet bang for your buck,but then again you should ask $1200 for your boot dagger.just my opinion,i honestly hope you sell it without a loss,because these daggers are STUNNING!i'm not trying to offend you in any way,respect!
Couple clarifiers.....

I withdrew the post before it was deleted.

My intent was the opposite of trying to get the most for the knife. I'm not a flipper and never want to come across as such. What I posted as an asking price was absurd and the emphasis was meant to get the focus on making an offer. I just did this because a few guys had asked so I thought I'd keep it in the family here and have a little fun.

Nothing in the rules say you have to have a fixed price. People list o.b.o. all the time. People take offers all the time, multiple offers, and negotiate. It's all behind the scenes. I was just laying out the ground rules how I was going to decide to whom to sell it to. I named a price. It complied with the rule.

I probably thought about how to list that for 3 hours, wondering how I could offer it and give each of the guys who asked a fair shot at it without having to be a keyboard ninja.

Back