Random Thought Thread

We used this Basic 5 Field Knife as a mule here to test some new steels and some new manufacturing processes. I like the results we ended up with but there were a lot of blades made before I had the finishing process dialed in that are going to get a hand grind. Long story short, I'm going to start offering the BFK with a 120 grit "ghetto grind". It's a quick and dirty "satin" finish that won't add much to the cost. It will be our first affordable satin grind offering in a long time. They will start to be available in a couple weeks.

For Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist based upon our conversation...this one is for you...but I think it should be "Run The "Joules":

210408_ratm_tour_og.jpg

Tf5PWBtSvHT_87ueU5SXXwwyQtog9a7zS6Bfcywp-lLAx2tP-H-uyMHtorQ6z_Fxa89hSQ2E6qsfh6iSZbDDTsKM88JoVf3XB5nWjYJvEeQc5aTOU3Xqj6W1vFfOxvbmNLC5gx0TufU

:cool:

You either immediately know what "scattered, smothered, and covered" means.

Or . . .

you live somewhere that is Waffle-House-deprived.

Had to drive 30 miles to the nearest one yesterday.

First eight songs playing on the jukebox . . . Pop-a-Top, Crazy, He Stopped Loving Her Today, Thunder Rolls, I Go Walking After Midnight. Kiss an Angel Good Morning, Hello Darling, and I Fall to Pieces (someone must have been a SERIOUS Patsy Cline fan). I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Does not get any better.

And $11 tax included gets you an Orange Juice and enough food for two people (as long as one of them isn't me :p). 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Restaurant.jpgMenu.jpgWaffle.jpgHashed Browns.jpgCrispy Bacon.jpg

You either immediately know what "scattered, smothered, and covered" means.

Or . . .

you live somewhere that is Waffle-House-deprived.

Had to drive 30 miles to the nearest one yesterday.

First eight songs playing on the jukebox . . . Pop-a-Top, Crazy, He Stopped Loving Her Today, Thunder Rolls, I Go Walking After Midnight. Kiss an Angel Good Morning, Hello Darling, and I Fall to Pieces (someone must have been a SERIOUS Patsy Cline fan). I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Does not get any better.

And $11 tax included gets you an Orange Juice and enough food for two people (as long as one of them isn't me :p). 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

View attachment 1649669View attachment 1649670View attachment 1649671View attachment 1649672View attachment 1649673
Back in college, a group of us made a road trip to FL on Spring Break. No Waffle Houses we were aware of in MI, so we definitely wanted to try them as we headed south.

We hit a few of them on the trip (liked the food and especially the prices as college kids). One thing we noted though... veeeerrry interesting people at the Waffle Houses in the wee hours.

One toothless old lady kept trying to hit on my one buddy who kinda looked like Michael Jordan. He was afraid to go to the Men's room on his own 😂

In German, we have a saying: "Verleihe Nichts was mit 'F' anfaengt" (= "don't lend anything that starts with an 'F'").

For example: Frau, Freundin, Fahrrad, Fernbedienung, Fahrtenmesser, etc.

Meaning: Wife, Girlfriend, Bicycle, Remote Control, Sheath Knife, etc.

😁

Back in college, a group of us made a road trip to FL on Spring Break. No Waffle Houses we were aware of in MI, so we definitely wanted to try them as we headed south.

We hit a few of them on the trip (liked the food and especially the prices as college kids). One thing we noted though... veeeerrry interesting people at the Waffle Houses in the wee hours.

One toothless old lady kept trying to hit on my one buddy who kinda looked like Michael Jordan. He was afraid to go to the Men's room on his own 😂
LOL.

Yeah, Waffle House can be a trip at 3 AM. You see a lot of folks who need to sober up.

When I was 18, I worked the overnight shift at a 24 hour IHOP and we used to get the same kind of crowd at 0 dark thirty. Heavily lubricated. I worked a lot of restaurants, including high end places (one had a Cordon Bleu trained chef), and that IHOP was probably the cleanest and most sanitary of them all. Profitable, too - pancakes cost them pennies to make. Pure profit.

Never worked a Waffle House, but as a customer I vastly prefer them to IHOP or Denny's. They're big in the South. I remember one time in Snellville, Georgia. maybe 15-20 years ago, I walked out of one after breakfast. Looked up the street to my left and saw another Waffle House. Looked down the street to my right and saw yet another Waffle House. LOL.

Last edited:
Back