1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger pattern evolved

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, May 27, 2018.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    A loooooong time ago I used to make a design I called the Ranger. A stout, easy to carry knife meant for a Soldier's use. Over time the pattern changed a little but recently my Son decided to make one and we changed up the design just a bit. From that inspiration, I had been thinking about some more changes. One, I wanted a little larger blade and a couple more curves in the handle. Today I went to work and this is what I came up with. 12 7/8in overall with a 7 1/8in blade tip to handle. I used .200 thick 5160 with flat ground bevels. Scales are natural canvas micarta. weight sits right at the 1 pound mark. I used the Reality Check formula on this one for ease of manufacture and because quite honestly I like em a little rough :) To my hand it feels great and balances right at the first flared tube. DSCF7740.JPG

luethge, studio, JJ_Colt45 and 2 others like this.
  2. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I'll tell ya what -- that handle looks exactly how I like them in terms of profile.

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Hopefully he will become a full time maker as well
    Sure looks like he has the talent for it

Bravo!!!

protourist likes this.
  4. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Looks good