Ranger series question

I just saw the Ranger RD Tanto and I think that it is what I'm looking for, to stop myself from getting another BK-2. I have a soft spot for the 2, but I have seen too many pictures of them with "broken necks" seemingly associated with the tang cut outs. So, my question is, does the RD Tanto also have metal cut outs in the tang, or is it solid other than screw holes ?

I just saw the Ranger RD Tanto and I think that it is what I'm looking for, to stop myself from getting another BK-2. I have a soft spot for the 2, but I have seen too many pictures of them with "broken necks" seemingly associated with the tang cut outs. So, my question is, does the RD Tanto also have metal cut outs in the tang, or is it solid other than screw holes ?
Bueller.................Bueller...........

I got two BK2s for 5" and under heavy use. Due to its thickness and saber grind and real solid hilt for thumping and whumping things and good handle. For a multi tool its pretty okish to many things.

The RDs...well I got way more of them than BK2s. The RD Tanto is a great mid sized heavy use blade, it don't do as many fancy fu-fu stuff out of the box, but its good enough. The extra front slant blade on front my little brother I gave one to finds many uses for it and the point. If I break the tip the why I abuse knives I'll just do a spear point/drop point project out of it. All RDs seem to be full tang but for scale screw holes.

Back