1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ranger series question

Discussion in 'Ontario Knife Company' started by upnorth, Oct 31, 2019.

1. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I just saw the Ranger RD Tanto and I think that it is what I'm looking for, to stop myself from getting another BK-2. I have a soft spot for the 2, but I have seen too many pictures of them with "broken necks" seemingly associated with the tang cut outs. So, my question is, does the RD Tanto also have metal cut outs in the tang, or is it solid other than screw holes ?

2. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Bueller.................Bueller...........

3. StrikeBack

StrikeBack

May 16, 2013
    My RD 7 wasn’t skeletonized under the scales

4. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    I got two BK2s for 5" and under heavy use. Due to its thickness and saber grind and real solid hilt for thumping and whumping things and good handle. For a multi tool its pretty okish to many things.

The RDs...well I got way more of them than BK2s. The RD Tanto is a great mid sized heavy use blade, it don't do as many fancy fu-fu stuff out of the box, but its good enough. The extra front slant blade on front my little brother I gave one to finds many uses for it and the point. If I break the tip the why I abuse knives I'll just do a spear point/drop point project out of it. All RDs seem to be full tang but for scale screw holes.