Rarest EDC Folder?

What regularly produced custom folder is most rare (hence expensive). My EDC is an Emerson CQC-6 and I was wondering what others are made to be carried but hard to find. Not art knives or one-offs, but carry knives, from useable gents to tacticals. They must be currently produced customs, obtainable at least in theory. Please be model specific. Ryans comes to mind besides Emersons.

I have no idea whether it's rare or not, but I've heard of only one other besides mine--surely there are others. It's a Kit Carson Small Model 4 with Stellite 6K blade and carbon fiber handles. The unusual feature is that it has no liners or bolsters--just the carbon fiber slabs and backspacer, and a sliver of hand-sawed, hand-mortised titanium for a lock bar. The result is a 3" blade, 7" overall knife that weighs 2.2 oz. -- a full ounce lighter than Kit's standard Small Model 4.

Maybe this is just a special variation on a well-known theme, and not what you're looking for.

I will say, though, that this has been my EDC since late October of last year, and I can't imagine a replacement that would equal it for high cutting performance and low-maintenance durability, in a package that utterly disappears from my consciousness while in the pocket.

-w

I saw an Auto that said "CARSON" on it. The guy said Kit made it and wanted $100 for it. I did NOT know Kit EVER made an auto so I thought it was a fake!! PLEASE tell me I did NOT pass up a Carson Auto for $100.00?:( :( :eek: :eek: :(

ONLY KIDDING:p

Walter Brend 4" Model 2 folder with solid Titanium handles - I have not seen too many of them about. Most seem to have been made as some kind of interframe model.

I am not even sure if Walter will take orders for them any more.

Even more rare is the same handle with a double ground Tanto blade - I have only ever seen one of these and it is the one I own!

Regards,

Ed

Bill Moran made a few folders, very rare and expensive...

RW Loveless as well.....

I have an Emerson CQC8 with black partially serrated blade, black liners, and sculpted micarta scales that I carry some. I think there were 6 made like mine. I guess its pretty rare :D
michael

I don't carry it every day, but sometimes I carry this damascus Finger Bone Friction Folder made by D.R. Good. (No, it's not made from a finger bone) It wasn't horribly expensive but I've never heard of anyone else who has one. You can see his website here: http://www.drgoodknives.com/knives/sideknifeframe.html

knive4a.jpg

Thanks for responding with your ideas. I like that finger folder and I don't have any fantasy blades yet.

My integral lock, carbon fiber inlay, true double beveled at the edge black bladed emerson commander tricked out by Reese Weiland.

I think that my be in the running for the rarest.

If I could find out how to post picts, I would post them.

If someone who can post picts would email me, ill email you the picts.

You guys are amazing...if someone would want to rob you - he'd probably go for the knife....hehehe

:D

I had a custom Emerson Viper on me yesterday, and today I've got one of the first Emerson Ravens ever made. It's got a true satin blade, and the Custom, Emerson Specwar Knives logo on it. Don't see too many of those around.

go for the knife?
Oh he'd get the knife alright, he'd get the knife. After i flogged him with a V-gar, blinded him with a surefire and kicked the living shi- out of him, he'd get the knife.

NOBODY gets my knife without all the extras that come with it.

Haven't been able to get one yet, but:

RJ Martin Q38 D/A

-Michael

Back