Rat 3 sheath.

Does anyone make or know of makers of aftermarket sheaths for the rat 3? I like it as and escape fixed blade but I don't like the plastic sheath it comes with. Most specifically the clip on the sheath.

Are you looking for leather or kydex?
Do you have an Ontario RAT? Looks like they come with a TEK-LOK
Or an ESEE/RAT Cutlery 3? Is it the boot clip you don't like?
Looks like the same sheath, ESEE makes a MOLLE back that adds
a lot of options.

Does anyone make or know of makers of aftermarket sheaths for the rat 3? I like it as and escape fixed blade but I don't like the plastic sheath it comes with. Most specifically the clip on the sheath.

Filedog raises a good point about the ESEE3 and RAT3. Its my understanding that there are some differences in the dimensions between the two. Just a heads up. :)

Dwayne, that was my understanding too.
It's been a WHILE since I had the Ontario RAT 3,
but looking at current production, the sheath looks the same.

They're definitely different but if you want a leather sheath Skystorm can make you a sheath that will work for both... with Kydex it's "different" and it needs to be made for your specific knife. Note: when ESEE switched to having Rowen manuf. make their knives the early models still have "RAT" on them... they've since removed that name but the only thing that matters is what's written on the right side of your knife... which will either day "Ontario..." or "ROWEN". That's what a Kydex sheath maker will need to know.

Eli

With leather yes, one could make one to fit both, but its the difference between a "sloppy" fit and an Exact fit.

Very similar but not as critical as kydex. But I am a bit fussy about the fit and finish. :)

Thanks for the help guys. I'll have to log on via my computer to click in the link. I have the Ontario version.

The difference in the two is not enough to affect a leather sheath, But if you wish you can send it tome for fitting that is no problem. Kydex works with exact tolerances for forming so any difference is usually a big difference.

I have read that a lot. I am still not 100% sure what I want to get. I am checking out all sorts of designs and determining what features I like and which I don't.

Back