Rat Ice Pick (RIP) Cool pics!

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Here they are friends, the next offering at the Company Store (www.shop.ratknives.com) the Rat Ice Pick (RIP) They will be going up on the Store site Thursday evening approx 7 PM Eastern time. Contest to win one will start later today on this forum(a new thread will be started for the contest)
Specs (approx)
OAL 8"
Weight 2.2 oz
Thickness 3/16"
Steel SR101
Black Crinkle coat finish
Introductory Price will be $29.95 each (regular shipping charges apply) This will be the intro price and they will go up in price, however, I wanted to offer them at a lower price to those that frequent these forums. Also, on special at the same time will be the Zipper Pull whistles that are currently on the site for $3.50, for the same period that the RIPs are on the intro price the Zipper pulls will be $2.50. If you want to order the whistles early the special price will apply and I'll ship them with your RIP.

Don't let the pictures deceive you, they feel more substantial in the hand than they look in the pics.
Rat_Pick5.jpg

Rat_Pick1.jpg

Rat_Pick2.jpg

Rat_Pick3.jpg

Rat_Pick4.jpg

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Additionally there will be a wrapped handle version, I'll post pictures later today. The wrap will be available for $4 more per RIP

:D:D

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Here's a picture of one of the RIP's with a paracord handle wrap. In my opinion this adds a lot to the RIP and increases the grip as well. This will be an option for $4. I have about every color you can think of so as long as I have the color in stock you can have any color you want.
Rat_Pick_Wrap.jpg

Rat_Pick_Wrap2.jpg

Eric the Bully,

Just wanted to know the width of the blade at it's thinnest point just forward of the grip?

P.S. You are a bully as how can a Rat beat a piglet to the trough for
a INFI SFNO. Great snag btw.:D

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Mulder said:
Eric the Bully,

Just wanted to know the width of the blade at it's thinnest point just forward of the grip?

P.S. You are a bully as how can a Rat beat a piglet to the trough for
a INFI SFNO. Great snag btw.:D

Thanks for the "congrats" on the SF NO, I have a few Busses so this will be a nice addition

The Choil area of the RIP measures just under 3/16", also just to make sure everyone knows there is no blade or edge on the RIP. It has a point but no edge.

:D:D

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Paracord colors are
Black
OD
Tan
Teal
Gray
Blue
Red
Neon Pink
Neon Green
Neon Yellow
Maroon
Dark Red
Orange
Yellow
Gold
Hunter Green
White

Also, please note, I did some heavy testing this afternoon with the wrapped RIP and while the wrap is tight it will move, especially with a repeated downward stabbing motion. There is just not much of a guard to hold it in place. I have decided not to use any adhesive to keep it in place so you can remove the wrap if you choose. If you intend to use it as a true ice pick I would recommend not having the handle wrapped.