Rat RC-4, HI Kobra 25", Musashi Katana

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRab

Gold Member
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
All items are unused. Prices unclude CONUS shipping and paypal fees. Paypal or USPS MO.

1. Rat RC-4 plain edge, black blade in unused condition, kydex sheath (there are a few marks on the outside of the sheath from putting on/taking off the molle locks) comes in original packaging with molle locks, instructions, and Rat business card. sold
0319001510.gif

2. Himalayan Imports 25" Kumar Kobra by Vim Kami, Satisal wood handle. Never used. sold
0319001527a.gif

3. Musashi samurai sword. This is one of their differentially tempered ones from the Chris Zhou forge. Hamon is beautiful, you can kind of see it in the last pic. Still like new, only taken out of box to look at it, never used. Only problem is that the scabbord is a little too tight for the sword, but that could be fixed pretty easily for a more perfect fit. Sword comes in box with scabbord, sword bag, certificate of authenticity, and a cleaning kit. - traded
more info on sword:
http://www.twiggystreasures.com/mus-1-...2-ss673-1.html
http://jbcknivesandswords.com/Musash...1-P154762.aspx
IMG_0691.gif

IMG_0693.gif

IMG_0692.gif

Last edited:
My pictures are bad, so here are the pics Yangdu gave for the Kobra when I bought it a few months ago.

kobra1.jpg

kobra2.jpg

kobra3.jpg

kobra4.jpg

I'll take the RC-4.

Been lurking, first post here.

If PM is not ready, please email me

tom (at) titaniumengineering (dot) com

thank you

I'll take the RC-4.

Been lurking, first post here.

If PM is not ready, please email me

tom (at) titaniumengineering (dot) com

thank you

email sent, RC-4 is SPF

What is the weight of the Kobra?

Yangdu said it was 42 ounces. I don't have a scale to verify it but it definitely has some weight to it. The spine is roughly 1/2" thick.

Last edited:
It is a functional sword. It will work fine for cutting tatami mats, etc.

I don't know about the layers, I don't think it was folded during forging.

I am interested in the Katana, is it a functioning sword?

How many layers?

Thanks,
John

42 oz on a Kobra sounds real heavy! A 1/2 spine too sounds pretty hefty! I wish you had a method to double check that weight because 25" at 42 oz is a lot of blade, probably too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back