Rat Trap In My Hands

SKH

Pleasant surprise on my doorstop yesterday, Rat Trap arrived from Shomer-Tec. First impressions: tight lock-up, great blade grinds, excellent clip (rides nice and low in the pocket), very light for blade size. In some ways it reminds me of my Spyderco Military and Starmate as far as how the liner lock is nested into the frame. For the price point an excellent product. Now I need a fixed blade from Swamp Rat to match!
SKH

Glad that you like it. I was wondering when someone would be commenting that they were arriving. We've actually shipped a lot of them, and more should be going this week.

I hope you stick around and join in our forum.

:D:D

Eric Isaacson said:
I was wondering when someone would be commenting that they were arriving. We've actually shipped a lot of them, and more should be going this week. :D:D

Believe me, when it arrives I will be commenting on it! Hurry hurry hurry!!! :D

Eric, have you shipped any of the "LE" versions yet?

:confused:

Good news about the shipping.

SKH or anyone else who has already received one, can you please post a little more info about the Rat Trap to ease the pain of waiting - Like

Smoothness of opening and closing?
Sharpness from the box?
Texture of the G10 slabs?
How it fits your hand?
Overall fit and finish?
How high the cat jumps when you poke it in the hind leg?

Stockman said:
Smoothness of opening and closing?
Sharpness from the box?
Texture of the G10 slabs?
How it fits your hand?
Overall fit and finish?
Yes, well, this sort of stuff is interesting I suppose but the really important question has not yet been answered. When is the left hand version going to appear?

The clip is ambi. I am left handed and have never had a problem with a liner lock. This one works well for me.
I don't think any southpaws would be disappointed.

Molly bloody dukers, I thought only politicians had to appease the minority groups; looks like knife makers also have to have a lefty strategy. Just buy one Gaj and practice your ambidextrous skills. ;)

Cool! Did you ship it by USPS? If so should be here tommorow Friday in worse case. I do not have any shippment notification by e-mail - shoud it be or you just do not doing this?

Thanks, Vassili.

Eric Isaacson said:
Glad that you like it. I was wondering when someone would be commenting that they were arriving. We've actually shipped a lot of them, and more should be going this week.

I hope you stick around and join in our forum.

:D:D

Well Alright! Now I can retire my proto to the safe and abuse the production model. :D

Thanks for the information Eric, remember guys, Thursday is Veteran's day and the Post Office is closed! :(

Stockman said:
Good news about the shipping.

So you test them that way as well. :eek: :D

Great news Eric!
I thought my CC had taken another slap up the side of the head. ;) :D

Ian.

Trumby said:
So you test them that way as well.
Very useful critter them cats, make great cray bait, also work well in yabbie and crab nets and I believe you can string a tennis racket with them.

Congrats! When I get caught up with a few things I will order one for myself. I MUST HAVE ONE!

For those of you still waiting, either to receive or order, attached are a few scans. Hope they help out. Knives top to bottom are:
Swamp Rat - Rat Trap
Spyderco Military
Emerson Commander '98
SKH

Attachments

• comp 001.jpg
    comp 001.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 351
  • comp 002.jpg
    comp 002.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 522
  • comp 003.jpg