1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ratmandu in the Rockies

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Thrill, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    On vacation in Colorado this week. Brought along the Ratmandu for some fun. In Aspen today and hiked around the Maroon Bells area. Enjoy the beauty of the Rockies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. infocus2006

infocus2006

Feb 18, 2012
    Bring on the Du! Can't wait!

3. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Pics added.

4. tek77

tek77 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Sweet scenery. And a knife to match it.

5. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Thanks...wish I had some real reasons to use it.

6. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Great pics! Never been and looks spectacular. :thumbup:

Soooo much better than being in my cave of an office...I escaped for a minute- thanks!

7. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

8. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    Thats a nice little hike. Last time I was there a mountain lion walked across the hood of my car.

9. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Thanks for the pics, Thrill.
    Beautiful.

I'm kicking around the idea of driving around this awesome country and taking in as much of its historic an natural beauty as possible. I am far from retirement and not ballin' billionaire style, so it's a couple/few years before reality allows such a trip.
    But it is something I have been thinking about for a very long time.

Then, once I've seen my country, planning can begin for a world trip (to follow a couple/few years later). Kind of a day dream, but every time I see photos like yours it is rekindled.

10. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    We have so many beautiful places in our country. One of my goals is to be able to travel around in a motorhome full time in about 10 years.

11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Glad you enjoyed your stay here! Colorado is hard to beat for scenery, that is, when it isn't all burning! :eek:

12. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    You're not kidding. We have friends in Colorado Springs. They got lucky; they live in Mountain Shadows and their house was spared. Neighbors on the same street weren't as lucky.