Rats and Revolvers - Let's see 'em!

Pair up your favorite Rats or kin with your favorite revolvers...
I'll get things started; here's my S&W "686-Plus" seven shot stainless 357 magnum with my old school Ratweiler...

Guns and knives, what's not to like :) S&W 629 Classic and M9LE.

2DnQ2W3.jpg

and...

I suppose you wanted them in the SAME pic though.... ;)

Only with a dog...

except this pic....which sucks...

Nice job Andy!
I was thinking you guys lost your guns down under but it's good to see you are still armed! :thumbup:

Man, the second picture down of that Smith is beaauuutiful! Gotta love the Classics!

Nice job Andy!
I was thinking you guys lost your guns down under but it's good to see you are still armed! :thumbup:
..... yes the laws here changed for the worse in 1996 but firarms have never been outlawed here. If you have no criminal history and jump through the paperwork hoops it is not difficult to own most types of firearms here (semi rifles and shotguns and pump shotguns are much more difficult). The NRA like to further the story that we are unable to own a gun here, I get why but it is VERY inaccurate.

I love shooting patridge sights. I believe I have one for my classic, but never swapped it out. I carry and shoot my 629 mountain gun model much more, I am infatuated with that one, to say the least.

Did you switch out for Pachmayr grips? I had a 629 with an 8-3/8" barrel that had finger-grooved wooden 'combat' grips that I let go to land the classic. It felt actually very nice and shot like a dream. I killed a good bunch of game with it and sometimes wish I had it back, ha. Yours looks great with the bead-blast.

Yeah I love the Pachmayr "Gripper Professionals" (exposed backstrap) and have them on all my revolvers. They just fit and work for me. I LOVE the look of S&W timber grips though, classic style and class...just not as functional for me.

You can see my 4 inch and 6 inch 686s are set up identically, both started life with Red Ramps and polished finished. The 4 inch I bought new in 1989 when I was in the trade.

Nooooooooo..... NOT WD40 !!!!!!!! That poor old wheelgun would just hate that !!!

Back