1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rattle Hawk, bit me

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by mcinfantry, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    punctured the top of my hand.. LOL. man its sharp. about 1/2" by 1/2" deep cut.....

we used it on a wild hog we cleaned. It cuts through bone, spine with ease.... (and my hand)

2. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    was it the beard, or the spike?

Lots of sharp pointy bits to get you on it!

3. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    beard. cleaning the hog blood off the blade, let it drop through my fingers and the beard slid on down.... never felt it....

4. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Hope you heal fast. I knew those hawks were hungry when they left the shop. :eek:

5. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    it bled for two days. it seems to be healing !

6. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Love hurts!

7. =MAX=

=MAX= Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Hope ya heal up quickly. I am wishing now I picked up a RH as well.
    My KD bit me bad, I over swung while standing and the spike went into the inside part of my right thigh. A few minutes later I missed my shin with the cutting edge a sign that I was fatigued and time to put the edged tools down for a while. Two days later I had a briuse the size of a cantellope.
    On a side note these hawks are the best thing to come out in years. congrats on the RH
    [​IMG] score
    [​IMG]

8. meluck

meluck

Jan 1, 2012
    Ouch! Tis but a flesh wound.:D

9. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Ouch man, heal soon! I dropped a tank buster on/into my calf, then trying to move fast so as not to bleed all over the carpet, ran my big toe along the razor sharp edge. Good times lol

On a side note, that thing is trying to kill you, you should definitely sell it to me :thumbup:

10. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Max clearly the reason you got bit is because you have an extra KD not being used. He is likely jealous and instigating the loved KD to do all sorts of evil things to you. Tell you what, sell it to me and I will make sure he gets the love he deserves. Its a win win!

11. =MAX=

=MAX= Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2006
    jball1125 I shipped it to you today Priority mail FREE of charge :D kidding of course, pick one up when you can they are a lot of fun.
    As the old saying goes "Two is one One is none". I always by in doubles when I can.
    Stay frosty out there these tools are unforgiving.
    [​IMG]

12. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    That's a nasty wound brother! Hope you got a tetanus shot after that one! I'm sure that was sore for a while!

13. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Haha, good quote to live by. ;)