Rattling sound on the 940-1 when the knife is closed

Hey guys/gals,

My 940-1 has been making some rattling sound while shaking it when the knife is closed. But when it's opened, it doesn't make that sound. The knife works fine as intended, it doesn't seem to have any mechanical failures while using it. Is this something I should be concerned? Thanks.

Your -1 rattles? That's weird. Now I bought a regular 940 back in January that rattles when closed, but if I tighten the pivot, the rattle stops but it takes me and three hairy boys just to open the damn thing. I loosened the pivot and stopped shaking the knife when it's closed and I now don't hear any rattles.

Hey guys/gals,

My 940-1 has been making some rattling sound while shaking it when the knife is closed. But when it's opened, it doesn't make that sound. The knife works fine as intended, it doesn't seem to have any mechanical failures while using it. Is this something I should be concerned? Thanks.

Shouldn't rattle at all. Could be a loose stop pin?

Mine used to do this and it was the blade rattling when closed. I would hand tighten the pivot back to spot where it was solid and still open easily but it would quickly loosen after carrying/using it for a week or so. The axis lock held it firm when open but it would rattle against the liners when closed.

Blue loctite fixed it right up after I quit procrastinating and actually took to pivot off and added a drop before re-tightening back to the sweet spot.

Back