Ratweiler to the rescue

on_the_edge

Gold Member
So a friend of mine recently had some work done in the engine compartment of her car. Apparently, the mechanic neglected to fully reattach the interior plastic wheel well of my friend’s Honda Fit when putting things back together. So tonight, in the dark and by herself, my friend happens to be driving a few miles from my house when she suddenly hears a hell of a racket coming from the front area of her car. She pulls over to see what happened and, as you might be able to guess, the not-fully-attached wheel well dropped down, was caught by the front tire, and then ripped half off with the other half now dragging on the road. :confused: Being that she was about 25 miles from her place, I got the call to see if I could help.

My friend knows I like knives and she said to bring one. I grabbed my trusty Ratweiler hoping it would do the job. And boy did it ever. It was very tight quarters between the front wheel and the bodywork. In fact I could not really get my big hand in there at all. But I did get the Ratweiler in there and it was just the right length to do the job. Sharp, narrow, and long, that Honda Fit plastic wheel well didn’t stand a chance against the Rat. Now the only question is whether the mechanic will stand a chance against the customer come Monday morning. I know who I’m betting on. ;)

Hmmmm....The Perfect Swamp Rat Knife?
Now if I could just remember where I heard that before???
Thanks OTE. Who needs a multitool when you have a Ratweiler?
When you're done fixing the car, clean her up and make a P& J.

I got my first Ratweiler a few months ago and instantly fell in love with it. Then I picked up one of the thinner 3/16ths thick versions and I think I may like it even better. Can' wait to take them camping and put them to use.

I got my first Ratweiler a few months ago and instantly fell in love with it. Then I picked up one of the thinner 3/16ths thick versions and I think I may like it even better. Can' wait to take them camping and put them to use.
We love pics if you can swing it!

I love your twins and I don't think you can beat a nice stripped blade. Thanks!
On that stripper I liked the look of it with the dacarb layer but was afraid of the extra rusting that comes with it so I bead blasted it to get it totally clean, cold blued it and then sanded it back down to resemble the color it had before I blasted it.

As much as I like using my blades and helping people out,.... FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE ARROUND WITHOUT A FULLY RIGGED TOOLBOX IN THE TRUNK... just saying...

I know I carry lots of stuff that don't make much sense in a regular car (I drive a VW Syncro van) but anyways, there is a minimum that everyone should carry along at all times.

Mikel

Back