Ray Mears Woodlore knife clone maker in US?

GEC

I really like the blade style of his bushcraft knife. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction on who makes one in or similar to that design? I would really to find one for me and my buddy.

Last edited:
We are not the people to be asking where to buy clones, denying an honest craftsman his living. Yes, it happens all the time. So do other less-than-honorable sorts of behavior. That doesn't make it right.

What you can ask is where you can find a variety of bushcraft knives to see which might impress you as Ray Mears' does. We would point out knives of excellent design and manufacturing quality, over a reasonable price range. Please DON'T call them clones. They are each maker's understanding of the bushcraft concept. They are not marketed as rip-offs, feeding off an original's reputation.

Sorry i didn't mean to offend anybody by putting it that way in my post. I'm not trying to deny anybody of there pay check or the credit they deserve for their work that's involved in making any knife. I will edit my first post, but I can't change the title.
Sorry again.

Not a problem! :D
I just went into my speech mode when I bumped into the word "clone".

As cuphead said, the Koster bushcraft is a great knife -- I know, I got one of the first! Also check out Christof Harper, who posts as koyote, and Bryan Breeden, who posts as sicily02. Browse this Wilderness forum for knife talk, there are a lot of really good new makers showing off interesting designs. Take a look at Bark River Knife & Tool dealers, they have several bushcraft style blades.

To me the Koster ain't that close, take a look at Bill Sigels Bushcraft blades for a more closer representation !!!

If you want one like Ray Mears why not order a blade from SWC and put the handle on it yourself?

Or hang on and get one of those new spydercos?

Only $120 or so for the SWC kit, plus shipping I bet, but they do include pins and handle material.

http://swc-handmade-knives.com/KNIFE-KITS

There's a lot of knife reviews here in WS&S. Wander around a bit, you're sure to find something that's appealing. Actually, it's hard to find a knife I don't like...but that's a different thread!

I asked a while back for some "clones" of Chris Reeve's Sebenza and I nearly got pipe bombs in my mailbox. That was over in the General forum, and they're not so nice as us Wilderness folk.

There are a LOT of scandi ground knives that would work. Dan Koster and Tom Krein both do GREAT work.

Back