Re-polishing of my Battle Mistress?

Hi,
My Battle Mistress has seen better days. Its all scruffed up and scratched from digging for cassava tubers for food, chopping wood for jungle shelters, harvesting thatch material, cutting root vines for rope, harvesting firewood, clearing trails in secondary jungles and also from pulling it in and out of its original kydex sheath when it was dirt encrusted. I'd like to re-do its finish, prefably myself, if possible, but I'd like to know my options. I have experience in hand-finishing kit knives and only have access to simple tools(hope I won't be needing these) and sandpaper. I have some questions :-

1) Can INFI be polished up with normal sandpaper?
2) Is there any way I can remove the handle slabs to do this, and later put them back?
3) Does Busse provide this service?

Thanks!

Regards,

H L Pang
Singapore

Regular sandpaper will work as well as a metal finishing scotch-brite pad. Rub the blade from the spine towards the edge as this is the direction of the original grind marks. Rubbing length-wise will take forever. The handles are bolted and locktite is used. We do not recommend removing them. We will refinish your blade if you so choose. Please contact us by email for pricing and turn around times.

Jerry Busse

Back