Re-rehandled my 212

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I just do not like the size of the handle on the 212, so I redid it in stacked leather a while back.
I was not really happy with it though and it was not carried again since.
I got an idea in my head a while back and decided to go for it today, this is what I came up with.

I really like how this handle came out, it feels great in hand and It's appropriately sized.

Very nice, what is the wood? Looks like walnut or how about your namesake?

That’s a homemade handle that looks like a custom - very nice job! Love to hear some feedback after you have put it to use. OH

That’s a homemade handle that looks like a custom - very nice job! Love to hear some feedback after you have put it to use. OH

Thanks.
Theres one or two very minor imperfections but I'm really happy with it overall and it's probably my best handle work to date.
It'll be on my belt for the next little while, so I'll tell you how it goes.

One thing ill say is with the blade angle I chose I had to shorten the tang or it would have stuck out the top of the handle.
It's about a 1/3 tang now but for tasks I normally use a folder for the strength is no concern.

I just do not like the size of the handle on the 212, so I redid it in stacked leather a while back.
I was not really happy with it though and it was not carried again since.
I got an idea in my head a while back and decided to go for it today, this is what I came up with.

I really like how this handle came out, it feels great in hand and It's appropriately sized.
Very nice!

The reduced guard was very well done, is that the factory spacer?

Fantastic job on that 212 rehandle. Nice shape. I bet that feels great in the hand.

I wish Buck would switch things up a bit like that every once in awhile.

Fantastic job on that 212 rehandle. Nice shape. I bet that feels great in the hand.

I wish Buck would switch things up a bit like that every once in awhile.

I've always wondered if Buck would sell just a sharpened blade and tang to us and let us put our own custom handle on it.

Looks great! I was going to guess walnut as well but I see that has already been confirmed.

Back