1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

REAL Adventure! Secret spot revealed!!!

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by snwbrdr202, Jul 25, 2012.

1. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Alright gentlemen, this is not a secret I share with just anyone! About a year or two ago...a friend and I spotted a large quarry about a mile back in the woods near my house here in SE PA. After carefully planning an entry and exit point, we managed to get back to this massive body of water. I spoke to a gentlemen who used to work there in the 70's, and he said it is deep; VERY deep. We knew we had to get down there and fish it ASAP. The first couple times we went down there, we just trail cleared. I got to use the legendary satin Battle Rat to help in this regard (thanks to a very generous Hog). Once we found a clearing that we could actually cast from, it was clear that we needed to get a boat down there! There was so much potential but we could only tap into where we could cast from the bank. I called my largest buddy Steve to help me carry a 70 lb. canoe back to the quarry, and we launched! The fish have been very rewarding, as there are some BEASTS in there. I took a few photos to share with you guys of the best adventure I have had yet this summer. Enjoy fellas!

First and foremost, you gotta do a gear check! Top water lures, first aid kit, extra hooks & lines, and a Camp Tramp are all musts :cool: A good trail clearer is also key (I recommend a Battle Rat)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The journey begins at a brush line behind building X (don't ask). You need to chop or muscle your way through the thicket.

[​IMG]

Once you get deep enough into the bush, you can follow a flood zone down to a creek; its pretty damn thick bush!

[​IMG]

Once you find the creek, you follow it to the narrow straight away.

[​IMG]

When you get to the straight away, you follow it until you reach the hill.

[​IMG]

This image was taken while looking down at a 45 degree angle. It is a crazy steep hill riddled with poison ivy and MASSIVE spider webs, and we had to drag our 70 lb. canoe up this sucker! Thank god we brought some cold Yuenglings (shout out to EDes)!

[​IMG]

Once you get down the Hill, you are in the clear and looking at one of the most secret, pristine, and unspoiled fishing areas in all of SE PA. It is one of the best kept secrets among fisherman in the area, and we intend to keep it that way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Proof is in the pictures! The two bass are mine, and the 3rd picture is my buddies mutant sunfish! That sunfish fought just as hard as my bass did; unbelievable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for having a look guys! I'm sure this won't be the last quarry we explore :cool:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Reserved for more pictures.

3. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Those are some beastly bass! Looks like you guys had a great time, Especially with that battle rat :)

4. eloreno

eloreno KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 22, 2010
    Nice fish B!

5. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Man that looks like a great spot. I just went fishing yesterday and was out for about 7 hours without a single bite, heck not even a nibble. I need to find a spot like that.

6. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok it is official. I am taking my next vacation to your house. ;) Guess for now I will settle for my grandpas pond. Happy fishing everyone. Thanks again for letting me know what a true HOG bass looks like.

7. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    Looks like an awesome place, and some very nice fish

8. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Awesome collection of Rats and super secret fishing spot? I hate you man. :grumpy:;):D

That panfish is insanely huge.

I still think back to that Satin Battle Rat that sold earlier in the year...soooo inexpesnive and sat there for a couple days...:grumpy:

9. Hooker

Hooker Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2009
    You guys are soo cool . Can I come along? I'm serious. Looks like a great time.

10. bpiatt

bpiatt

Jun 17, 2010
    This looks awesome and I think its worth a trip from NY to camp down there. Any chance you could PM me the town closest there so I can look for some camp grounds? Is there any state parks to camp at near by?

11. CR33

CR33 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Awesome pictures B! Pennsyltucky never looked so nice. Thanks for sharing bro.

12. wyattT

wyattT

Oct 28, 2009
    that sunny is stupid big

13. dman62

dman62

Sep 27, 2010
    That sunfish is a freak, it's HUGE! Didn't know PA grew bass that big. Cherish that spot man, that is awesome.

14. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    That is amazing scenery! I am seriously drooling at the thought of finding something like that. I do envy you. :D

Oh, did I see Stallone's cousin in one of those pics? The family resemblance is unmistakeable. :eek:

15. sam.t

sam.t

Jan 28, 2010
    Thanks for sharing, keep em coming.

16. buckmaster96

buckmaster96

Jan 6, 2012
    That's awesome and yes that sunfish is stupid big

I am takin a two week vacation in titusvill right now and man are you guys lucky with this weather az sucks

17. =MAX=

=MAX=

Aug 6, 2006
    Nice ones Brendan. Jitter Bugs rule for topwater
    That Sunfish would have gotten him a state pin in Mass, what a monsta

18. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Damn Brendan those bass are stupid Large. And like everyone else said the sunfish is insane. There is a hole I fish for gar. Thankfully most other people avoid it because of the gar and gators in the area. Never go fishing in Louisiana without a pistol! I need a friend to go fishing with. My kid is the anti-fish but since he loves it, I guess I will continue to bring him along:D

19. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    ^^^ "Never go fishing without a pistol" lmao...classic!

20. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    When the fish is as big as the gator. You have to be prepared!

I just noticed the size of the crank bait that sunfish tried to get...... Insane