Real Bone Scrimshaw

Thought I'd start posting some pics of knives with similar interests in mind.These are some of the Schrade scrimshaws that were actually done up on real bone scales. There are far fewer of these than delrin handled scrims, I dare say that this might be all there are other than some custom jobs. If anyone knows of any others, drop a line or picture here.

2q810ew.jpg
[/IMG]
2v0bker.jpg
[/IMG]
Above is a Stuyvesant daddy barlow done for the Stuyvesant park Neighborhood Assoc. in 1986 for the 150th anniversary of the dedication of Stuyvesant park in New York City. I believe it was an issue of 500 knives in a wood felt lined box which I never thought to include a photo of .Peter Stuyvesant was the first governor of New Amsterdam (now Manhattan Island and the surrounding hundred miles or so) when it was a Dutch colony in the 1600's.

2hrna6r.jpg
[/IMG]
48w15xs.jpg
[/IMG]
2ez1dt2.jpg
[/IMG]
485lvgo.jpg
[/IMG]
The above knives are two lockbacks from the IXL Wostenholm collection Heralds of the Sea. I just realized I have another two knives from this collection which I'll photograph and add below later. The next knife is a bone barlow that I believe is a one of a kind. I have no idea what the history of this one involves, perhaps if Mr Giorgianni sees this e may recall it.
2h53dli.jpg
[/IMG]
2hs3z9t.jpg
[/IMG]

Enjoy!
Eric
I picked a Peter Stuybesant Schrade scrimshaw bone barlow Number 0187 can you tell me anything about it

Back