Real or Replica?!

Heyo! Im new here so I hope im doing this right!! But as a blade enthusiast & new collector im always on the hunt for new things to add to my collection! I started a couple weeks back, so I don't know alot about swords or blades! But, I recently came across a "Sword" made in China. Im wondering if anyone could help my identity it or give me any information. Is it real, or is it fake? Or is it a replica? Any help would be amazing!

Last edited:
fake, replica, sword like object. Whatever you want to call it, I would consider it basically garbage.

If I can suggest, before putting any money into swords perhaps put some money into sword books? Not a jab, just trying to help.

Just use it for practice cutting stuff, but not too hard b/c it won't last long.

That symbol carved in the saya is for a company named Maru To. They were, I think, a Spanish company that was one of the few commercial suppliers of katana-shaped objects in the dark ages before China got in the game. They made their blades out of 420 and 440 stainless steel, and they ran on the hard-but-brittle side. Using it for cutting practice might work for a while, but when I had one it dulled incredibly fast. Knowing what I know now, there's no way I would risk having it shatter on me.

Back