realized my kershaw blur is a fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, i just realized my new kershaw blur is a fake. i bought it of a seller on ebay that had a bunch of them, and because i hadnt seen any fake blurs before i didnt think anything of it. but the action didnt feel right and the fit and finish looked and felt odd, so i googled aliexpress kershaw blur and sure enough they have fakes of the kershaw 1670S30V, and many other kershaws. sadly too at first i thought that maybe kershaw had started cutting corners on the blurs, or maye they just did a poor job on this version, and i wonder how many others have bought fakes and thought the same of the company. the seller i bought from had sold 15 of them and nobody had complained in his feedback profile.

Last edited:
heres some pictures, i have a real blur glassbreaker version to compare the fake one to.

looks normal so far
qPwelNa.jpg

if you look at the flag, you can see the it looks faded, and also the real ones i see pictures of online dont have the flag
JRb2j5q.jpg

so the one on the top is the fake, look how the words kershaw on the clip look different than the real blur on the bottom, the clips are slightly different shape too
7LAIphF.jpg

then compare the writing on the handle, the real one is whiter
bUSBzOw.jpg

look at the fit and finish between the real and the fake on the left, the fake one im not even sure is aluminum, looks like g10 or plastic, feels glossy unlike the aluminum of the real blur
C4xpROo.jpg

last if you look closely at the inserts in the handles, the fake one on the left has some space between the insert and handle while the real one has none at all
sjKAChg.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they are bootlegging most Kershaw models now. I saw the Link, Clash, Fraxion, Volt 2, Oso Sweet, Pub knife, Zing, Leek, and even the Shuffle 1 & 2... It's kinda sad :confused:

Thanks for sharing this. I could imagine it is possible that most buyers and even the seller isn't aware these are fakes. I've wished for quite some time that eBay would collaborate with our community to take a bit more action in this area. While it's not something that can ever be completely eliminated, I think they could learn a tremendous amount from findings like these and potentially do more. Again thanks for alerting us to this.

Thanks for sharing this. I could imagine it is possible that most buyers and even the seller isn't aware these are fakes. I've wished for quite some time that eBay would collaborate with our community to take a bit more action in this area......

Frankly, I don't see this as an Ebay issue. To me this is yet another indication of our failed law enforcement. It should be simple enough for police to buy the item online, test it, and then hit the seller with a fine if it turns out to be a fake. Impose a $125 on the first offense, $500 on a repeat offense and call it a misdemeanor on a third and the entire Chinese fake product market will dry up in a week. But, you know, our law enforcement is way too busy handing out traffic infractions to bother to clean this up.

n2s

unfortunately, now that i know what to look for, i am seeing this fake blur on many current listings right now, and when i look at the sold listings theres tons of them that were bought by unsuspecting people

that sucks
that reminds me... I have an Onion Kershaw some where around here

Looks like they are bootlegging most Kershaw models now. I saw the Link, Clash, Fraxion, Volt 2, Oso Sweet, Pub knife, Zing, Leek, and even the Shuffle 1 & 2... It's kinda sad :confused:

Jeez, some of those are pretty damn cheap to begin with. How much money does one save by importing a counterfeit Fraxion?

I have never purchased any existing in-production knife on ebay. The risk of getting a counterfeit is simply too high with just about every popular brand. I have however purchased quite a few out of production vintage knives from past years when the Chinese counterfeiting was pretty much non existent.

They have faked the OSO so I guess they’ll fake any of the good selling Kershaws.

Frankly, I don't see this as an Ebay issue. To me this is yet another indication of our failed law enforcement. It should be simple enough for police to buy the item online, test it, and then hit the seller with a fine if it turns out to be a fake. Impose a $125 on the first offense, $500 on a repeat offense and call it a misdemeanor on a third and the entire Chinese fake product market will dry up in a week. But, you know, our law enforcement is way too busy handing out traffic infractions to bother to clean this up.

n2s
Personally, I think stopping speeders, drunk drivers, hit and runs, etc takes priority over fake knives. Those of us with families that we want to keep safe on our public highways would probably agree.

Yep. I was sold a fake Benchmade on Ebay. The seller I bought from had a 100% feedback also.

I went through the process of getting my money back, but it took a lot of persistence. Ebay agreed with me, gave me money back, and I sent the fake back to the seller who then relisted it for a one day auction and sold it again.

I would have thought Ebay would ban the seller, but they didn't. Apparently if you get caught selling fakes on Ebay they give the seller the money back, and you return the fake to the seller, who sells the fake again.

Lesson learned. Im done with Ebay.

Oof. Sorry you got a fake.

The only thing I use fleaBay for is books. I like my hardcover books.

I would advise people to be very careful of fleabay, amazon, or little known knife retailers for knives. If the price is too good to be true, there is a reason for that.

Hopefully, fleabay or pp comes thru for you.

Thanks for posting this, Jeremiah J JeremiahWeaver09 - it might help keep people from buying those clones on ebay. It is against their interest to crack down on counterfeits since ebay and paypal are the same company, they have a lot of money to be made from selling them.
Your comparison pictures are a good reference for people to be able to tell if they are buying a knock-off or the genuine article.

best

mqqn

You should ask the seller for a refund.
The dealer knows they're selling fakes and will probably issue a refund without even questioning you.

I almost got fooled on Ebay a few weeks ago with a BM Bugout. The price was $30 less than anywhere else , sure enough they're all over DHgate for $25 -$35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back