1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Really liking my new Michael Zieba S1 Mini

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SSonnentag, Mar 14, 2017.

1. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Tesla Model S Platinum Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I picked up this small knife to use as an EDC. Lately, my preferences have been leaning toward smaller, more easily carried knives for EDC. This knife is near perfection for my needs. It flips really well and has beautiful and artistic blade grinds. The skull bead is a nice touch, although I removed it to make the knife more pocketable. Since the knife is so small, and my hands are not, I ended up reattaching the cord (minus the bead) to the knife for a bit more security when holding the knife.

Blade: M390
    Frame: Titanium
    Blade Length: 2 5/8"
    Overall Length: 6"
    Weight: 2.288 oz

Ceramic detent
    Caged ball bearings

Made in Brooklyn, New York

Attached Files:

jwh720, danbot, Lee D and 1 other person like this.
  2. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Congrats!! That is a really cool knife!! I wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

3. smuiradise

smuiradise Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I have the Zieba Bold and love it. If he makes the larger version like this with the flag I won't be able to resist picking it up.

4. mbkryan

mbkryan

Aug 24, 2012
    I REALLY like mine! Can't believe they aren't more popular/selling quickly. Awesome small EDC.

[​IMG]

5. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I just got one as well. It's small but big. I used it to cut out the back of a chicken and prep it for the Weber. It also worked fine on the tomatoes. It's got the copper finsh and the gold plated Ti back spacer...don't buy no ugly knife :) Fit and finish are worthy of Terzuola's ACTF.

How's the M390 performing for y'all?

6. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Congrats my friend. I really like that one :thumbsup:

7. 0men

0men

May 21, 2007
    Nice mini! I was surprised at how small it was when I first got mine. I had a regular S1 and the size jump seemed larger than most makers' pairs. However, I really appreciate that these smaller knives are available and the S1 Mini is definitely solid.

Here's a pic of my Ziebas
    [​IMG]

Lee D and palonej like this.
  8. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    OP, can you take a photo of it in your pocket? I'm curious to see how the clip looks in pocket.

9. josh yu

josh yu

Jun 14, 2017
    i'm becoming more and more of a fan of his work. does anyone know if he has a store front in new york? or maybe a dealer that carries his stuff in new york?

10. brownshoe

Sep 6, 2002
    He's in NY. Contact him through http://www.ziebaknives.com/ He responds to the contact form and he'd probably sell to you directly.

11. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I was looking through his site... less than impressed with his warranty. 7 whole days!
    (Hopefully he, or whoever does his site, chose the wrong word)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. LCKT707

LCKT707 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    That is an awesome little cutter! Love the size of it. Been really impressed with Zieba ever since he first popped in on my radar. I scooped up his little G10 AEBL front flipper when he was collaborating with the woodworker and meat shop. Got that knife, meat, cutting board package for ~$60 and despite the slight issues with the knife (I mean hey, it was ~$25) I've been very impressed with what he can do.

13. brownshoe

Sep 6, 2002
    His website says lifetime warranty, 7 day return policy. You must have read it wrong.

14. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    No, actually, I did not read it wrong; as it still says "Your warranty is good for 7 days after the date of purchase"... though I do now see the lifetime warranty statement.
    Where I initially read it was from one of the knife specific pages - below the description were two headings: Delivery and Warranty. Clicking on warranty revealed the message quoted above. I suspected that they didn't mean warranty, as noted in my previous post.
    Screenshot_20171001-011650.png

I didn't take the screenshot from one of the S1 Mini options, but that is where I initially saw it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017