REALLY want a Bamboo cutter

Iwould love to get a bamboo cutter for my husbands birthday in february. Any body seen any good ones on here?? I lookd in the deal os the day section but they sell really quickly.

Based on my experience with Yangdu's (and BirGhorka's) turnaround time, I'm quite certain that they can pull this off. Give Auntie an email, and you should have it in time.

Welcome aboard Donna.

I agree with Nicholas's that Yangdu, time constraints not withstanding, if all went favourably, could get you a special order Bamboo Cutter made in Nepal and delivered by February.

Email her at the address in Karda's post.

Good luck to you and your fortunate husband! :)

One of the few "villager" or rustic looking blades I really like from the HI line.

no reply from himimp@aol.com
maybe it bounced or is stuck ina spam folder.
Try again Donna!
sometimes her AOL is a pain and blocks email for no reason. Meanwhile I've sent her an email alerting her to this thread.

If you cant get thru by email, you can always call her at (775) 825-2279.
If you get the answering machine, leave your name, phone number and what youre inquiring about and she'll call you back when she gets your message. She is a real pleasure to talk to and a wonderful person to deal with.

Last edited:
Donna V, I do not have bambocutter in stock. I will do my best to get one in Feb for your husband birth day gift.
Email address
himimp@aol.com

Can anyone post a pic of a bamboo cutter? I don't know what one looks like, but I'm a big fan of khukris in general, and all the knives on the HI shop site.
I could easily spend a couple of tax return checks on the HI site.

Thanks. I'm glad there are other Khukuri fans, like me, out there. When I bought my first in 1985, all my friends laughed at me. It was cheap looking, to their eyes. It didn't look like the latest Rambo survival knife. But it could and can do things their overpriced toys couldn't. Mainly, cut and chop most anything. Plus it takes an amazingly sharp edge.
Who needs to baton a knife through wood when a Khukuri can chop and split it better than a hatchet?
Best $25.00 I ever spent.

OMG, that's one helluva blade. How much does one cost?
Generally price is dependent on wether a piece is a "Blem" or is in perfect shape. I can tell you that the last couple of DOTD sales, the BC sold for $85 and $95 respectively. Those were somewhat special circumstances though. I would say, if you watch the sales threads, you could find a similar deal.

Back