1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Want a Vic Motorist

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by BradGad, May 6, 2018.

1. BradGad

BradGad

Jul 25, 2012
    Because I have this theory that one only realizes the value of a SAK if you carry it ALL THE TIME, I’ve held off forever from getting a SwissChamp... thought it would be just too damned big.

But I got one a few months ago and turns out it’s not, if you use either a TEK P-7 pocket clip or the nice Victorinox SwissChamp sheath. Turns out I prefer the P-7 clip.

But anyhooo... Love the pliers! First time I’ve had them on a SAK.

I like the SwissChamp a lot, but I’m now thinking the Motorist world be the perfect SAK for me. But, they were evidently made of unobtainium.

I know I could shop for someone to do a modded Motorist for me, and that’s a possibility, but first...

Does anyone have any advice for how to go about obtaining a Victorinox Motorist?

2. pipedreams308

pipedreams308 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Good luck in your hunt for a Motorist. But, in the mean time, take a look at the Handyman. It adds the file/metal saw which is pretty darned handy.

3. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    You can scour the Earth for a year or two, or you can build one in an afternoon. Your choice.