1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

Really Want a Vic Motorist

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by BradGad, May 6, 2018.

1. BradGad

BradGad

Jul 25, 2012
    Because I have this theory that one only realizes the value of a SAK if you carry it ALL THE TIME, I’ve held off forever from getting a SwissChamp... thought it would be just too damned big.

But I got one a few months ago and turns out it’s not, if you use either a TEK P-7 pocket clip or the nice Victorinox SwissChamp sheath. Turns out I prefer the P-7 clip.

But anyhooo... Love the pliers! First time I’ve had them on a SAK.

I like the SwissChamp a lot, but I’m now thinking the Motorist world be the perfect SAK for me. But, they were evidently made of unobtainium.

I know I could shop for someone to do a modded Motorist for me, and that’s a possibility, but first...

Does anyone have any advice for how to go about obtaining a Victorinox Motorist?

2. pipedreams308

pipedreams308

Jul 29, 2006
    Good luck in your hunt for a Motorist. But, in the mean time, take a look at the Handyman. It adds the file/metal saw which is pretty darned handy.

3. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    You can scour the Earth for a year or two, or you can build one in an afternoon. Your choice.