Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
I haven't read past the first page, so forgive me if this has already been covered, but look at CJRB and Civivi. The CJRB Feldspar is micarta and D2 for like 30 bucks.

I am convinced that most teenagers should not have anything special for their first vehicle.
All it needs to be to be special is the fact that it's the first one. Mine was a battered old Citroen BX19 which in true french car fashion went wrong in almost every way possible during the time I had it and cost me a fortune in parts but it was mine, bought at auction with money I'd earned. It was freedom, fun, the realisation of responsibility. It didn't need to be anything more. Heck if had been something new and shiny I wouldn't have had all those stories to tell in later years. Good memories. :)

My parents won’t let me get the Kershaw Link or the Blur, because they said it’s “to big for every day carry”. I tried to talk them into it, but they said NO. How do I get them to say yes? 4.5 inches closed isn’t that big... :(
Are you sure you've done all your chores?

I think my wallet would just rip the bandaid off... :D

What J jfk1110 said has merit. There is a learning curve with the use of every knife. Some more than others. This is the time that a knife can cut or “bite” you. I call them love bites.

This learning curve is why I recommended that you carry and use a knife for months before purchasing another. You get used to it and learn if it truly meets your requirements for a knife.

This how I found that a Cadet SAK works better for me than a Pioneer. Even though the Pioneer is better on paper. They are both good and I still use both but, the Cadet is better in my pocket and a little easier for me to open.

Have you used the Utilitac much?

Last edited:
Not for actually cutting anything... yet. Besides the basic wrapper and such. Really haven’t been outside much, or out of the house for that matter...

There is a standing joke that most of us only use our knife to open packages that contain our next knife.

One member here has a Wenger Standard Issue as his EDC. It is basically the same knife as your Pioneer. He claims that it will take care of 85% of his cutting needs.

If you are like most of us here, you will find that your knife will get carried more than used.

Last edited:
Someone like @Dcdavis uses his knife a lot. A job like that requires a knife on your side at all times.

I will be working with a man soon, that is a contractor. And helping him with some house/yard work. So I may be using it a lot more often?

I'm an electrician as well. How much I use my knife depends on what I am doing. Running conduit or building racks? Tearing down a steel structure? Setting or tearing out a breaker? No, not really a lot of use. Pulling wire and terminating? Yea, I'll use it a fair bit. Always pays to be prepared though!

Also have a razor knife in my tool bag because sometimes it is better suited to the job. Again, pays to be prepared!

How much you'll be using it also depends on what you'll be doing. Digging holes or setting fence posts? I don't think a knife would work for that! Cutting open bags of fertilizer or concrete, trimming landscape fabric, cutting twine? Yep, all day long!

Knife use is situational. A lot of times I don't cut anything all day! I just like to carry and admire my knives sometimes!

I have a friend that works on a farm, and he uses a Kershaw Link. Pretty nice knife, but he says he uses it for twine all the time.

Anyway, here is the SAK chilling with his new buddy!
F44943E3-B622-414E-BA77-DDCD3BF5CE44 by PheonixKingZ ., on Flickr
Really like it so far, and I’ve just opened and closed it. Already can feel how high quality it is. Very well built. Thank you so much @Boru13 for gifting me this knife! I see me using it a lot when I’m outdoors, or even around the house. :thumbsup::cool::)

On the blade, there seems to be a blue finger print. Is this from oil? If so, how do I clean it off? (Just my OCD for my new knife. :D)

Back