Reate Forum Knife?

The advent of the Fort Henry Custom Knives/Reate collaboration knife (the Valkyrie) got me thinking... if Reate is willing to produce a knife to someone's specifications in such a small run (the Valkyrie was only 89 pieces), do you guys think we would be able to get a crowd-sourced forum knife going? Instead of most forum knives, which are just simple material changes, it seems like we could get an entirely original design created to our specifications. The original Valkyrie, with full Ti and S35VN, was a reasonable ~$285 or so. I imagine if we got about 100 units, we could keep the price around the same.

What say you guys?

You can put me down for one too. If I recall, the Valkyrie was available in a couple finishes. Maybe we could even do something like that.

tentatively in. i wonder how easy it will be to get consensus on a from-scratch design? witness the nightmares with the HTM forum knife and the last Benchmade forum knife

Maybe we'd be better off lowering our target from a scratch built design to a custom iteration of an existing design? How about a version of the Horizon D using G10 (perhaps in a color or pattern) rather than CF or Ti? Or a G10 scale done with the pattern of the Horizon A or B with an S35VN blade from a Horizon C or D? A Hills with a tanto or wharncliffe blade? I dunno, just kicking it out there.

Would it be too crazy to suggest something economic say in the sub $250 range? This would draw more people in and I'm assuming, should this take off, fill the spots quicker necessary to take on a custom production

That's why I'm thinking G10 and an S35VN blade in an existing design. If Reate can do a Horizon C with Ti and S35VN for $250, they should be able to do something in G10 and S35VN for around $200.

That's why I'm thinking G10 and an S35VN blade in an existing design. If Reate can do a Horizon C with Ti and S35VN for $250, they should be able to do something in G10 and S35VN for around $200.

Solid idea

I've messaged David in hopes of him joining the discussion

Last edited:
That seems like a bit of a stretch for a subforum this new. However, if you cleared it with the big dawgs and introduced the idea in general there might be a chance of it getting enough support. What ever happens, good luck. I would love to see a modern forum knife become a tradition.

Thank you all of you guys at first and sorry delay to reply this thread. Yes ,we can accept customized service based on MOQ of 120 pcs. If you have any questions welcome to leave your message or contact me at cherish@reateknives.com. I will reply you as soon as possible. Thanks again for your support.

--------Reate Knives-------Cherish

Awesome, thanks Cherish.

What would everyone think of a forum knife based on the Hills but using a carbon fiber presentation side scale? Kind of unique while at the same time keeping cost down to maximize interest...?

The Hills is a current production knife and the cheapest in the Reate line.

The Hills is my least favorite TBH. Micarta would definitely be cool

What I struggle with on the Hills is the blade shape...imagine that knife with a sheepsfoot blade...and micarta. Mmmmm...

What I struggle with on the Hills is the blade shape...imagine that knife with a sheepsfoot blade...and micarta. Mmmmm...

Same reason I don't like it, the blade shape.

Sheepsfoot with micarta? Now we're cooking

Back