Reate Hills or ZT 0200????

Even though I am a old fart I have never had a semi high end knife. I would like a good quality flipper with decent steel and have narrowed it down to a couple.

The Reate Hills or the ZT 0200 (Anso) as these are both in my budget (under $200). If you fellas have any other picks I would love to hear about them.

Thanks.

Can's say anything about the Hills as I haven't owned one. But the ZT 0200 is quite a large knife. Meaning it takes up a lot of space in the pocket if that means anything to you.

I have had both and the ZT0200 is A BIG KNIFE and if I recall had a bit of a re-curve blade. The Reate is a nice knife and for me was an easier carry.

Reates are better made in my experience. The Hills is nice. The only caveat is that on my sample at least, the lockbar tension is high so there's more ball (detent) friction than average. Also releasing the lockbar is a bit harder on the thumb than average. In other words, you probably won't want to endlessly cycle the Hills as you would other bearing framelocks.
If I could make a suggestion, I'd say check out WE Knives. The Wisp is just awesome although more than you want to spend. If you're ok with a liner lock, the Practic is also awesome. If you can wait until later this month, the Massdrop Laconico Keen should be available again. That's an exceptional value.

Back