Reate Knives 2016---New Epoch

2016 New Epoch

The New Epoch are finally come out now.Since the 2016 Blade Show,we had very high expectations about the New Epoch.We would like to show you some specifications here.

Specifications

Multi-row ceramic ball bearing system, 3-D machined Titanium handle

Blade Thickness:0.157"
Blade Material: CTS-204P / Damasteel
Blade Edge:3.7"
Hardness:60-62
Overall Length:8.34"
Handle Material:6AL4V Titanium
Clip&pivot &screws Material:6AL4V Titanium
Inlay Material :Mokuti
Finish:Satin Finish
Weight:5.5 oz
Clip: 6AL4V Titanium / Mokuti
Locking:Frame Lock

We use CTS-204P steel on New Epoch this time(the New Epoch has Damasteel blade version as well),Carpenter CTS-204P steel provides a highly wear and corrosion resistant blade.And also the multi-row ceramic ball bearing system offers ultra smooth and fast blade deployment.What is more,Reate's freeze edging technique ensures accurate hardness, sharpness, and durability.

Regular & Black handle versions

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

There are also several colors on New Epoch.

Blue

Bronze

Golden

Stone Wash Finish

All Black (PVD Coating)

They are all available at our dealers now,such as Blade HQ, GP Knives,G-Gear,Knife Center ,Smoky Mountain Knife Works and so on.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
I had the chance to handle one of these yesterday, and I must say I was very impressed. The fit and finish was exceptional, action fires hard but smooth, great ergonomics. I am planning on buying one of these, just wish I had the chance to see all of the color options in person to decide! The one I saw was the bare titanium and it looked outstanding; pictures really don't do it justice. Nice work David!

Back