Received my "upgraded" Sebenza

A month or so back I bought my first Sebenza, a large plain, from a fellow forumite. I was sufficiently inspired by the knife to send it in to CRK for a workover, including the addition of a "Trailing Moon" side piece.

Today my "new" Sebenza arrived in the mail and I am awestruck! I am notoriously fickle about rotating what I carry, but I'm not sure I can bear to move this one back out of my pocket.

Thanks to everyone at CRK for providing terrific customer service and for doing a magnificent job on my Sebenza.

--Bob Q

Awestruck is the word alright. I've decided that when I send my Small plain Sebenza in for a new edge, I'm going to get the "silver contrast". I'd send it in right now, but my Sebenza is only a month old and I can not bring myself to send it away. I know that it seems silly, but I can't let go of this great knife. It's the only folder that feels like a "one piece" when it's in the open position. My pet peeve is a blade that wiggles. No worries with my Sebenza.

Will

Wow, I'm not the only one. I just sent in my Large Sebenza for the addition of the small swedge and re-anodizing and I miss it being in my pocket. Thankfully, I have my small Sebbie to keep me company until his big brother comes home. But then again, I'm sending out the small for the same treatment just as soon as the large one gets back!!!
Hopefully my Umfaan will arrive by then to keep his bigger brother company.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ken
-------------------------
firedept_md_wht.gif
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
----Abraham Lincoln

[This message has been edited by remster135 (edited 05-24-2001).]

Well, the decorations are nice I have to say, but while I've sent one seb back to CRK for an edge reprofiling (after a couple of years of hard use), I haven't gone out for the decorated slab! Instead I seem to have opted for a different strategy... Buying other knives that I'm willing to lay my seb aside for! So what have I found? So far nothing in the folder arena other than a second seb (this time the smaller). I have however found a fixed blade that always gets the nod over my sebs when I'm working around the homestead, that being a Dozier K1 (same size blade as larger seb).

Back