Received Prototype 535-1901 Bugout

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by second week, Dec 7, 2019.

1. second week

second week Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2019
    First post here... made the account a while ago to ask a question but hadn't got around to it yet. Anyway, I ordered the new bugout with CPM-20CV and G-10 scales from Benchmade website on Thanksgiving. It arrived today and surprisingly is labelled PROTOTYPE AUGUST 2019 on the blade and on the box label.

Did anyone else get such a thing? I'm fairly new to knives (as a "hobby") so I'm not sure if I should use it or maybe someone collects things like this and I should pass it on and get a normal one. Thanks!

(Not sure how to add image... Uploaded to https://www.bladeforums.com/media/prototype_535-1901.7685 but the insert image button doesn't seem to like that URL.)

[​IMG]

2. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    prototype_535-1901.jpg
    Re-post of second weeks image

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux Gold Member

Dec 1, 2010
    This is pretty cool.

4. 42Jackbauer23

42Jackbauer23

Dec 3, 2007
    That’s a cool little gem. If I was you I would keep it. But if you don’t like it I’m sure someone would take it off your hands.

5. second week

second week Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2019
    I've started carrying it and like it so far. Didn't like the axis lock to start but I've found it's kind of like a spring assist if I hold back the lock, hold knife parallel to the floor, and quickly drop and raise it. Works for closing also

6. Schuey2002

Schuey2002

Feb 25, 2003
    I would personally flip it, buy a new one, and pocket the extra cash...