Received Sgt. Karda Bilton

Talk about fast service. HI is great. Beautiful grayish horn handle, a little too small for my hands, but not bad. The red velvet and silver trimmed sheath is seriously cool. Since its not equipped for belt carry, do you just stick it in a pocket?

The blade has some marks that will likely polish right off. Its not sharp, won't cut paper, but appears to be very even. It looks like a convex edge already, is this how they come?

All in all, a nice little knife. Well worth $35.00 for a handmade knife!

Steely_Gunz

Got the Khukuri fevah
I have a Sgt. Karka bilton much like yours. It's one of my favorite knives to carry when i'm on a light hike. I believe the good Sgt has designed his bilton to be carried in a sash style. However, I was able to fashion a crude frog from an old leatherman wave sheath i had around. That is to say, i cut the bottom of the sheath off and jammed the bilton scabbard through it;) It really is a great knife. the tang goes all the way through, and it is generally a little beefier than a standard bilton. Great lil knife for the price:)

Jake

Nasty

Chief Cook & Bottle Wash
I have given mine away...I need a few of them.

That scabbard looked like something else in the pic, Shann. I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

And yes, I would've grabbed that one, had it not been grabbed by you first. :) Congratulations on what can only be a great purchase. ($35 was worth it for the scabbard alone, by the looks of things.)

Satori said:
That scabbard looked like something else in the pic, Shann. I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

And yes, I would've grabbed that one, had it not been grabbed by you first. :) Congratulations on what can only be a great purchase. ($35 was worth it for the scabbard alone, by the looks of things.)

Yes, the scabbard is sweet. I have gotten some very good deals from HI, I have to say the Bilton for $35.00 is probably the best deal. The wood handled seax for $45.00 is a close second.