Recent GSM customer experience, two weeks?

Background:
I bought an SR1-lite back in April 2023. Last month Feb 2024 I ran into a youtube video explaining a problem in the closing of the knife. I linked the video.
I checked my SR1-lite, which I havent done much other than use it for the fidget factor. And YEP, I saw the rolling of the edge mentioned in the video.

So I talked to a GSM rep and provided photos. Got a case opened March 7th, and got a replacement knife today March 23. Took 2 weeks. This was the first time I've gone through this process. Is this normal?

I sent two knives in to be sharpened at their facility in Texas last Spring. Turn around time was a little over two weeks. They butchered one, and did a decent job on the other. I wasn't impressed.

The customer service guy I talked to on the phone before sending them in was a weirdo.

I don't know if that is normal, but it seems like you got sorted out fairly.

Does the replacement have the same issue?
Im hesitant to even just use this knife, but youre right. It SEEMS like the issue is still there as i close it lightly. But youre right, i should just use it and close it as usual and see how it goes. Ill update accordingly.

I sent two knives in to be sharpened at their facility in Texas last Spring. Turn around time was a little over two weeks. They butchered one, and did a decent job on the other. I wasn't impressed.

The customer service guy I talked to on the phone before sending them in was a weirdo.
*nods* understood. I guess I shouldnt rely on their sharpening. I find sharpening my knives therapeutic anyways :)

*nods* understood. I guess I shouldnt rely on their sharpening. I find sharpening my knives therapeutic anyways :)

Now that I'm thinking about it, I might just give them a call about the butchered one and see if they'll exchange it for a new factory sharpened one. There's even burn marks on the handle.. yikes.. All of my factory sharpened ones look great.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I might just give them a call about the butchered one and see if they'll exchange it for a new factory sharpened one. There's even burn marks on the handle.. yikes.. All of my factory sharpened ones look great.
Yeah once you get a service ticket id like to know how it goes. Good luck keep us posted!

Got a lot on the plate right now, but I'll try and remember to give them a call this week when they are open and give an update. Whoever did the good one knew what they were doing, and apparently they handed the other one off to some crack whore that was coming down off of roofies or heroin or something.

Last edited:

I'm curious, how bad was it? I have an old SOG I considered sending back for a refresh but I'll pass if GSM is wrecking peoples' knives.

I'm curious, how bad was it? I have an old SOG I considered sending back for a refresh but I'll pass if GSM is wrecking peoples' knives.
The Kukri looks great, the Gladius has jagged, dull, folded edges with burn marks up and down, including some on the handle, and they somehow managed to screw up the tip. So it's probably a gamble based upon who sharpens it down there. Or it could have been the same guy who did them on different days, and did the Gladius after he had too many barley sodas.

I've just contacted them about a warranty return for the Gladius. They want proof of purchase, and pictures. I don't have the original receipt. I sent in the pictures. That was a process, got hung up on by one rep after 20 minute wait, called back and then got someone who actually didn't hang up on me. We'll see how this goes...

Well that's fun. Not gonna buy anything if of theirs from a store without a return policy.

Well that's fun. Not gonna buy anything if of theirs from a store without a return policy.
Especially after you paid for them to sharpen it, and I attached those emails as well. Look at this crap, it's like that on both sides. Edges are all rolled and jagged. They ruined the tip too. Super dull.

Last edited:
Back