Recommendation? Recommend me a Fishing/Camping fixed and folder

If price is an issue, I promise you spending $20 on the Dozier 4062 will make you very happy. I fish in high salt and mine doesn't have a speck of rust in 3-4 years with just a quick rinse after use. Read what I wrote on it above. Truly a great knife and sharpens up super quick. Also, there is the 4065 version with a blade shape a little better for filleting on the spot. But I still swear by these 4062's for all around use. Below is a photo of my used and abused Dozier with no rust and a new one I customized with forward jimping. You'll notice that my new one doesn't have the black blade coating because I was so happy with the rust resistance that I didn't feel the need for extra protection against the elements. Tight lines!!

20160218_175558.jpg

20160218_175739.jpg

20160218_175700.jpg

imagejpeg_0-1.jpg
Thanks for the reply. I might just get one of these. Nice fish by the way brotha.

Thanks for the reply. I might just get one of these. Nice fish by the way brotha.

Thanks man. You won't be disappointed with the Dozier for the application you referred to. Go to youtube and look at some reviews. It's widely regarded as one of the best value folders of all time. Its not some heavy overbuilt tank that your gonna torque the blade, but for fishing its my favorite folder under $50. I think I got mine for like $18. Its a no brainer.

IMG_20140426_002554.jpg

My favorite in that price range and size is definitely the Real Steel Pointman. Amazing knife! Good stainless steel, 14C28N, with a great heat treatment, not to mention a great sheath. Tough little knife that will last and is user-friendly. All my other favorites are a bit more expensive, but this one competes.
A good folder to go along with it would be the Ontario RAT 2 folder.

Back