Recommendation on how to remove light scuffs from blade

Photopro123

Gold Member
Hello everybody. I just recently acquired a couple global knives and I really like them. I inadvertently wiped them with a sling that was prob top course and have a lot of surface streaks parallel to the edge. Is there an easy way to buff them out?

I have a some henckles that don’t seem to have the same scuffability. But then again they are much older and maybe they have so many that scuffs that they all blend in. Thanks for any recs!

Joe

Photopro123

Gold Member
Thanks so much for your Rex. I didn’t think it would be that easy! I though I would have to buy sandpaper and make it a process but it seems pretty easy!

Hello everybody. I just recently acquired a couple global knives and I really like them. I inadvertently wiped them with a sling that was prob top course and have a lot of surface streaks parallel to the edge. Is there an easy way to buff them out?

I have a some henckles that don’t seem to have the same scuffability. But then again they are much older and maybe they have so many that scuffs that they all blend in. Thanks for any recs!

Joe
It all depends on the extent of these scratch marks.
The shallowest, which I think you are descrobing, can be hand;ed with Flitz, Simichrome,. etc and hand rubbing.
Deeper ones you can work up the grits of very fine sandpaper, or a polishing wheel with compound.

Photopro123

Gold Member
Thanks so much. I think these are the super shallow ones. I use a very old scotch bright sponge to lightly take some old food off. That’s what left the very light scratches. You can only see it in certain lights.

Hi guys! Newbie here, thanks for accepting me.

interesting discussion and most importantly useful for me

:cool:

3fifty7

Gold Member
I use a very old scotch bright sponge

Scotchbrite is pretty abrasive, many knife makers use a scotchbrite belts to even out the finish on knives, they are referred to as surface conditioning belts. If the last finish is worked spine to edge it’s best to clean in that direction to avoid or lessen the appearance or scratches and rubs. As you see perpendicular scratches really stand out.