recon government?

hello, just found this forum and thought i may be able to pick your collective brains. I have a sog government with a gun blue blade finish marked seki japan , i bought this blade roughly ten years ago and its still in very good condition . Does any body remember what they called this model? i am pretty sure it was a recon government but iam hoping you guys might be able to verify that for me, any help would be appreciated.

thanks mate , one more thing would you know when they discontinued this model? went to replace it with same and most shops either told me that sog never made them or tried to sell me a crappy gov-tac thats made in taiwan.

Yes as far as I know they don't make it any more. Sog use to make a Government Agent. Its the same as your Recon Government but they use a different type of steel. I believe the Government Agent was made with AUS6 steel instead of the SK5 that was used for the Recon Government. The Gov-Tac isn't that crappy. I took one apart to put a leather washer handle on it and I thought it was solidly built. I don't think however it will hold its value like the SEKI JAPAN Sogs have. Anyway its made with AUS8 steel the same steel used it the original Trident Bowie or the S2 among others. Here's a web site with a Recon Government picture. http://www.armorysupply.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=146&lastcatid=1&step=4 If your looking for a replacement knife for your Recon Government I would suggest the Recon Bowie. Same steel.

I have one as well! My dad gave it to me before I went in the army. I took it to Iraq and Afghanistan would of kept it at home if I knew it was as rare as it was lol! But if anyone has any updates on this knife about how rare and the cost let me know was just curious.

Back