Red M390 PM2 dropping 7/17

I almost feel guilty. I decided not to go in on these because I didn’t want to stress over setting time aside, being fast on the keyboard, etc (you all know what I’m talking about). But when I heard about the outage and received an email about the fix, I calmly logged onto their site and ordered one. I even had enough time to second guess my purchase!

I really feel bad for those that planned things but missed out.

I love Tahoe! I only live 3 hours away and hope to make it back up there before the kids go back to school. That is an incredible view you have there. If you don’t mind me asking? Is this a hotel or a vacation rental home?

I had the same experience as you: didn't really plan on buying one of these, but as I read through the threads here I decided to check DLT and everything was back up and running so I was able to order.

I was also going to comment on the Tahoe pic! Looks like Incline Village, perhaps. I was born up there and miss it like crazy.

Last edited:
and if someone violates it, she/he is put on the DLT blacklist.
Why would anyone want to restrict anyone else from buying something in the U.S.A? Then tell them what to do with their personal property? So if they buy something and resell it for profit, then they're evil people, or is that only knives? Or maybe only knives that are limited in number and hard to get? And why would DLT want to ban anyone from buying anything from them? Aren't they in business to make money? Just curious about the hatred and the need to crucify someone who buys a knife and sells it for more than he paid? Isn't that smart business? Isn't that smart investing?

Why would anyone want to restrict anyone else from buying something in the U.S.A? Then tell them what to do with their personal property? So if they buy something and resell it for profit, then they're evil people, or is that only knives? Or maybe only knives that are limited in number and hard to get? And why would DLT want to ban anyone from buying anything from them? Aren't they in business to make money? Just curious about the hatred and the need to crucify someone who buys a knife and sells it for more than he paid? Isn't that smart business? Isn't that smart investing?

Don't vent on me. I was just relaying another poster's suggestion. Personally I do not care how others spend and recoup their money. As for DLT, they are not just here to make money - they also would like a highly desired model of knives to be available to many people rather than a few knife flippers (hence the 2 per household limit).

I don’t think people are worked up about people who buy up knives in a legit way.

People who buy up 30 knives using a bot the instant it hits 11 is a pretty big dick move honestly.

It’s the same thing as ticket scalpers imo...

Frustrating when you miss a drop, and then on fleabay the seller has twenty for sale @ $40+ over original retail.( My Rex 45 PM2 experience) YOU

I don’t think people are worked up about people who buy up knives in a legit way.

People who buy up 30 knives using a bot the instant it hits 11 is a pretty big dick move honestly.

It’s the same thing as ticket scalpers imo...

Ah. I see. That makes sense. I wasn't aware that the technology to do that exists but I guess it does.

So, If I or anyone else buys a single knife, either in a drop or otherwise, we are allowed to sell it or trade it at whatever the market value will bear out, and not be thought a cretin, and subsequently vilified here on the forum?

Don't vent on me. I was just relaying another poster's suggestion. Personally I do not care how others spend and recoup their money. As for DLT, they are not just here to make money - they also would like a highly desired model of knives to be available to many people rather than a few knife flippers (hence the 2 per household limit).
Not venting. Just asking questions and entering the discussion. I'm on the lookout for this knife and waiting on an opportunity to get one. That's why I'm in the thread to begin with.

Another question then. If it's "highly desired" and the sale, even at 2 per household, crashed their servers, then why wouldn't they just order more knives from Spyderco?

Not venting. Just asking questions and entering the discussion. I'm on the lookout for this knife and waiting on an opportunity to get one. That's why I'm in the thread to begin with.

Another question then. If it's "highly desired" and the sale, even at 2 per household, crashed their servers, then why wouldn't they just order more knives from Spyderco?

I believe they have to front all of it not a sizable amount of the money upfront. If they're paying $125.00 a knife wholesale (which I think should be close to accurate) that's $125,000.00 to do a 1,000 knife run. Even if they're only fronting 50% that would be $62,500.00 which is a lot of cash for a small business to have tied up. I'm sure they have financing on inventory but it may be different for special runs which is why these sprint run knives aren't as prevalent as you'd think they could be.

Also when it comes to scalpers, I loathe them. I'm fine with selling a knife at fair market value but taking advantage of limited availability solely to profit off of fellow knife enthusiasts? No, thank you. I think limiting the sales to 2 per household is fair so people can secure a backup/collector piece. I bought 2 with the intention of carrying/using one and keeping one perfect.

It was a poo samich, and it doesn’t taste very good. I was all dialed in and then ... nada. I tried for some 40 minutes, including calling in the whole time, and had to get back to work. I appreciate DLT, as they are a class act, but in the end, alas, I hope it’s a great knife!

I'm positive these will hit BF in the coming months with less than a $20 upcharge. eBay will, of course, be higher.

All good. Knives in the secondary market are priced at what people are willing to pay, so you and I and anyone else can price our knives as we want. However, that means most often I lose at least 20-30% even if I only open and close the knife a few times. This PM2 might be an exception, though.

As for your question, I dont know exactly why, but I can guess part of the reason is to create a sustained interest in and demand for Spyderco as a brand.

Mine is to be delivered tomorrow per the tracking. Will likely keep this new in box and use as a backup to my smurf.
I realize that I have 5 PM2 s now.
Blue 390
Smooth G10 cruwear
Cf M4 x 2 (a beater and a backup)
And now the red 390 inbound

I have a problem.

Mine got delivered today. That's one day shipping right there. Granted I'm in the same state but it's still about 200 miles.

Mine just showed up along with the Cruwear Manix 2 I ordered almost 2 weeks ago. Holy grippy G-10 on the PM2 "Red Alert" aka "Code Red". I thought the tan PM2 20CV exclusive had grip. The Manix 2 is super slick by comparison.
UloReii.jpg

Just got mine in today. I put in the order comments to check it for centering and lock stick, etc. I think this one is the best out of all the PM 2 knives I’ve had. Flicks open easily, centered perfectly, no lock stick and when the lock is released it falls shut without any wrist action needed. I’m very happy with it. And as always, great service from DLT.

Back